Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:52 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,926,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Bottom line, any way you slice it - NC State Troopers somehow organized police officers from the Triangle towns to participate in a massive speed trap today. I'm happy and pleased with that they did!
You can't have too many speed traps I'm all for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 07:08 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Quote:
What other reason could there be other than to have a massive speed trap that is a rampant problem in this area?

You said, "I highly doubt this was a multi jurisdiction APB massive speed trap that you saw."

Therefore, you "highly doubt" the was multi-jurisdictional in their goal of a massive speed trap? Then you say, "I could be wrong, I said "I highly doubt it." What does that even mean?
I will try to talk slower.

The multi-jurisdiction is a given, you saw cars from other towns.
The reason they were stopping cars is not a given. They could have been
looking for an escaped convict, kidnapped child or someone else.

The "I could be wrong" means that just because I said "I highly doubt it " I admit that
it's completely possible that it was a speed trap.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:17 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,783,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I really don't understand your complaining about speeding, when you were speeding.
And has a $500 radar detector

Old 04-06-2018, 08:01 PM

4,546 posts, read 3,748,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
The multi-jurisdiction is a given, you saw cars from other towns.
The reason they were stopping cars is not a given. They could have been
looking for an escaped convict, kidnapped child or someone else.
I can talk slower also if you need that. They are all shooting Ka-band at everyone, and pulling people at random. Observation seems like it is purely a speed trap unless you have evidence otherwise.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand your complaining about speeding, when you were speeding.
With the amount of times you post on this board, m378, I expected better. Where did I say I was complaining about speeding? I'm pretty sure my post stated I was very happy this was happening. With the relaxed enforcement, now I find myself doing the same as these northeastern people that CapitalBlvd complains about and he's right.

m378, don't post just to post on every thread on City-Data

Old 04-06-2018, 08:16 PM

2,110 posts, read 2,725,542 times
I always try to get pics like this when I see them. They make
for cool photo ops...

Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,269,179 times
Quote:
With the amount of times you post on this board, m378, I expected better. Where did I say I was complaining about speeding? I'm pretty sure my post stated I was very happy this was happening. With the relaxed enforcement, now I find myself doing the same as these northeastern people that CapitalBlvd complains about and he's right.

m378, don't post just to post on every thread on City-Data
I'm just saying, if you're so eager to get caught speeding like you say you are, a solid first step would be to get rid of the top of the line radar detector.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying, if you're so eager to get caught speeding like you say you are, a solid first step would be to get rid of the top of the line radar detector.
That's because I love gadgets - I work for a company in the Triangle that makes and programs logic boards and microprocessors for radar detectors (and circuit boards for car GPS) that evaluate speed and tries to rule out false radar signals from nearby "noise." Therefore, I like to test out my own equipment for my curiosity.

Don't be so quick to post something like "you are just a speeder" since that's the easier thing to target anyone with. Read the original post: "Something needs to be done about the super speeding in the area, aggressive driving and lack of enforcement. So many people get away with whatever they want to do during driving in this area."

Old 04-06-2018, 08:49 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Quote:
They are all shooting Ka-band at everyone, and pulling people at random. Observation seems like it is purely a speed trap unless you have evidence otherwise.
You seem to need to be right, so lets just say you are correct.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,755 times
"Speed trap" term is used when the speed limit is artificially set too low. I have not really seen such areas in the Triangle (thankfully), the closest might be Hwy 1 northbound around Walnut when 65 changes to 55. There are plenty of warning signs though. When speed limit is reasonable it's not a trap, it's just enforcement.

Semantics aside, sorry but as a taxpayer I don't share OP's enthusiasm. Assuming it was indeed a speed enforcement (which it could be not), the police IMHO have better things to do than catch someone going 80 in 70 zone. Like Apex PD could maybe finally catch that couple that has been stealing cats for months. Or Cary PD could fine some folks passing the school busses. There is mounting evidence on Nextdoor.

What problem are they solving exactly on 540 (other than increasing cash flow)? Are there lots of crashes in that area? Is there any factual evidence of a specific issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary