Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 09:31 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
When Twin Lakes was in the first building stage, I took clients to the onsite agent. I laughed when she said we were in Cary!

I've lived here well over 45 years now. McCrimmon Pkwy. was Morrisville until Cary annexed it. This happened because no one knew Morrisville and people wanted Cary!

So for the newbies, yes, it may be Cary to you but it is Morrisville to ME!

For decades, no one wanted to live in Morrisville. It was simply where RDU was/is and lots of industry and farmland.

About 15 years ago, I remember a new townhome community (Hamlet In The Park) being built on Church Street and I remember that my buyers had to sign an addendum, saying that with all the vacant land nearby, the builder had no idea what was to be built nearby! Other than the railroad tracks, that area was empty.

As Cary grew and pushed towards Morrisville, Cary annexed as much land as they could. Developers were smart...people knew and wanted Cary and no one wanted Morrisville. Great marketing.

Just like Kane has convinced us that the North Hills area is Midtown! Yes, people buy into it.

So when you say you want Cary, Twin Lakes has a Cary address and yes, it is considered to be located in Cary. Whether you call it Cary or Morrisville...
Makes you wonder if Chatham County Cary sells better that Wake County Morrisville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 10:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Makes you wonder if Chatham County Cary sells better that Wake County Morrisville?
I doubt it because of the school assignments.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:22 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

There is also a huge push right now to get a middle school built for Morrisville. At the very least I expect most of Morrisville to get assigned to Austin Ridge Middle which is a big improvement over the current assignment. Could get even better for their home values.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:22 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,204 times
There's plenty more where these came from in area code 27519. I rent, but this is my zip code/neighborhood.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-04994#photo22

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M59799-12244

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-06099#photo11

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...9_M50219-46558

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0-38846#photo0

Last edited by No2Monsanto; 04-13-2018 at 07:33 AM..

Old 04-13-2018, 09:17 AM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Houses and lot sizes are bigger in Chatham County Cary so its not quite an Apples to Apples comparison. I am befuddled how they are getting 700-800K for some Ashton Woods homes in the new part of the Peninsula at Amberly.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
EXACTLY!

Which brings me back to my question...why would a buyer put that much emphasis on trying to distinguish between West Cary and Morrisville? It is hard to go by zip since the zip he was originally suggesting IS the same zip as Twin Lakes. And...Twin Lakes (as we have established) is "an island in the middle of Morrisville".
Sort of like the Cary bubble drawn around Middle Creek.

Resale Homes under 500K in 27519. West Cary side.-cary-map.png

Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Houses and lot sizes are bigger in Chatham County Cary so its not quite an Apples to Apples comparison. I am befuddled how they are getting 700-800K for some Ashton Woods homes in the new part of the Peninsula at Amberly.
Have you looked at any of these homes? The amount of moldings and extras that these homes have make them look like custom homes. There are 4 back doors from the family room to the outdoor stone patio that open so that you have an indoor/outdoor room! They are beautiful with their finishes!

Old 04-13-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Have you looked at any of these homes? The amount of moldings and extras that these homes have make them look like custom homes. There are 4 back doors from the family room to the outdoor stone patio that open so that you have an indoor/outdoor room! They are beautiful with their finishes!
Been in a few of them, and they were nicely appointed. Granted I was more of the mindset of telling my wife "move along, there is nothing to see here" while we walked through as I didn't want her getting any ideas that we were going to move to Chatham county and increase our housing budget in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary