Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 07:04 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I'll never understand why people like Krispy Kreme donuts. They're the worst, just super-sugary dough.
I think you answered your own question there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 04:21 PM

9 posts, read 16,642 times
I wonder if anyone else feels this way, but for several years now the quality or taste of this Raleigh location doesn't measure up. And I can detect it simply when I go to Charlotte and eat at one of the ones there there's a definite taste difference.

And like someone pointed out the Duck Donuts idea of fresh baked customized donuts are now easily apex level in the area. And Rise is up there if you can make it before 2pm door close.

Also why Dunkin still exists is a mystery to me.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:26 PM

171 posts, read 158,932 times
I would say Duck donuts are awesome but after getting back from Japan and aisa. They have some really cool donuts over there and after checking it looks like we have some here Krispy Kreme - Krispy Kreme Doughnuts | Types of Doughnuts. Wow that Nutter Butter Doughnut looks tasty!!

Old 05-16-2018, 04:27 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryNroxboro View Post
I wonder if anyone else feels this way, but for several years now the quality or taste of this Raleigh location doesn't measure up. And I can detect it simply when I go to Charlotte and eat at one of the ones there there's a definite taste difference.

And like someone pointed out the Duck Donuts idea of fresh baked customized donuts are now easily apex level in the area. And Rise is up there if you can make it before 2pm door close.

Also why Dunkin still exists is a mystery to me.
Coffee.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:05 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I think people love super-sugary dough
I guess I'm just spoiled by Shipley's Donuts in Texas. They're donuts, so yeah, they're sugary--but SO much better than Krispy Kreme.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:07 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I guess I'm just spoiled by Shipley's Donuts in Texas. They're donuts, so yeah, they're sugary--but SO much better than Krispy Kreme.
I know Shipley's.....absolutely nothing compares to KK hots...not even close. Not Dunkin, not Shipley's, not Ducks, etc. I used to travel a lot and people would try to convince me otherwise about certain regional doughnuts. Nah, KK hots are in a class of their own.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
I went to Krispy Kreme for the first time in my life yesterday. After a couple drinks downtown and seeing the sign lit up I said what the heck. Got two donuts and in all honesty I didn't see what the big deal was. I actually had a weird aftertaste in my mouth for an hour after eating them. Britts donuts in Carolina beach is 10x better. Not even in the same league as far as i'm concerned. Krispy Kreme wasn't worth the calories or carbs for me so I doubt I will ever eat it again. I wouldn't want to see it closed since it's a cool landmark and people really love it. I'm just not one of them.

Britts is better to me because the outside is more crispy, more airy, and no weird aftertaste.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:06 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
I went to Krispy Kreme for the first time in my life yesterday. After a couple drinks downtown and seeing the sign lit up I said what the heck. Got two donuts and in all honesty I didn't see what the big deal was. I actually had a weird aftertaste in my mouth for an hour after eating them. Britts donuts in Carolina beach is 10x better. Not even in the same league as far as i'm concerned. Krispy Kreme wasn't worth the calories or carbs for me so I doubt I will ever eat it again. I wouldn't want to see it closed since it's a cool landmark and people really love it. I'm just not one of them.

Britts is better to me because the outside is more crispy, more airy, and no weird aftertaste.
Just a couple of drinks? Try them again. When KK are hot there are none better, including Britts.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:36 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post

Donuts after drinks No wonder you didn't like them. It's coffee or milk before and after donuts

Old 05-19-2018, 07:16 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Just a couple of drinks? Try them again. When KK are hot there are none better, including Britts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Donuts after drinks No wonder you didn't like them. It's coffee or milk before and after donuts

Two drinks in three hours, and my wife also said the same thing and she didn't drink. I also had coffee. They were nothing great and they were hot and fresh. Good donuts but not great, and definitely not worth the calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary