Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 04:49 PM

1,444 posts, read 1,140,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan63 View Post
Being real here, the doctor treating your pain symptoms will be the one to write the script. When I started shopping for “pain management” after dental and back surgery, the doctor quickly prescribed me rehab instead.. it worked.

Sorry, but a person in legit pain does not get on an online thread to ask about doctors who prescribe pain meds. They go to an ER or urgent care if they're in serious pain. This OP is clearly seeking it for "alternative" purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 04:59 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,473,932 times
Duke pain clinic in Duke Raleigh Hospital.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:14 PM

19,375 posts, read 27,625,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Duke pain clinic in Duke Raleigh Hospital.
I seriously doubt it.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I seriously doubt it.
They are there staffed by anesthesiologists and prescribe medicines and perform other types of pain control practices.

This group is very conscious of abuse and follows patients very closely. No abusers need apply.

Duke Raleigh Hospital Pain Clinic

Typeuke Raleigh Hospital Outpatient Department

Hospital-based clinics are an extension of Duke Health hospitals and have additional facility charges. Some insurance companies process bills with a deductible and coinsurance rather than as a co-pay as for an office visit. This may impact the amount of the bill you are responsible for after payment from your insurance plan. Check with your insurance company before your visit to determine what your responsibility will be.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:11 PM

I don't question that Duke Pain Management practices good, qualified and appropriate medicine.

But I seriously doubt that the OP will be getting what he/she wants from them.

Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I don't question that Duke Pain Management practices good, qualified and appropriate medicine.

But I seriously doubt that the OP will be getting what he/she wants from them.
If their condition warrants meds, the clinic will issue scripts.

My daughter had several back surgeries and is a patient at the Duke pain clinic.

Abusers are quickly asked to leave and a physician's referral from their primary physician is normally required to get an appointment.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM

748 posts, read 1,371,594 times
I experienced first hand how providers are clamping down on writing scrips for pain meds. I fell recently and hurt my wrist. I went to urgent care and the first thing out of the nurse's mouth was "we dont have anything more than tylenol for pain here". I didnt ask for anything at that point. I wanted to get my wrist xrayed. After two hours and xrays done, they said I had a bad sprain and sent me away with six tramadol. With my pain, that got me through three days. The following week I was still in a lot of pain and went to the ortho urgent care. They did give me a stronger rx (hydrocodone) and said I did not look like a person "seeking drugs" so they gave me ten. Yesterday I went back for a third visit with a doctor (the first two visits were with PAs) and he gave me 30 days worth of hydrocodone this time.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
I experienced first hand how providers are clamping down on writing scrips for pain meds. I fell recently and hurt my wrist. I went to urgent care and the first thing out of the nurse's mouth was "we dont have anything more than tylenol for pain here". I didnt ask for anything at that point. I wanted to get my wrist xrayed. After two hours and xrays done, they said I had a bad sprain and sent me away with six tramadol. With my pain, that got me through three days. The following week I was still in a lot of pain and went to the ortho urgent care. They did give me a stronger rx (hydrocodone) and said I did not look like a person "seeking drugs" so they gave me ten. Yesterday I went back for a third visit with a doctor (the first two visits were with PAs) and he gave me 30 days worth of hydrocodone this time.
THAT is a sad story.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:51 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,237,443 times
Quietstormnc, is WAY too much for a sprained wrist. Please don't take that. That's how you get addicted. That's terrible of that doctor. Take some ibuprofen. You can take a prescription level.

I was in a car wreck decades ago and had a compression fracture of my T-9 vertebrae in my back, broken shoulder, concussion and stitches in my head, was in the hospital 2 days, and I think I took one Vicodin. I don't mess with that stuff. Gave birth to a 9+ lb baby w/ no pain meds. I can deal with some pain from a broken bone or two.

My aunt was on oxy when her cancer had metastasized throughout her body and was all in her back. Teens/20s in the neighborhood stole it from her, too. That kind of situation is when you need narcotic pain meds. Not for broken bones and sprains and wisdom teeth.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:07 AM

748 posts, read 1,371,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Quietstormnc, is WAY too much for a sprained wrist. Please don't take that. That's how you get addicted. That's terrible of that doctor. Take some ibuprofen. You can take a prescription level.

I was in a car wreck decades ago and had a compression fracture of my T-9 vertebrae in my back, broken shoulder, concussion and stitches in my head, was in the hospital 2 days, and I think I took one Vicodin. I don't mess with that stuff. Gave birth to a 9+ lb baby w/ no pain meds. I can deal with some pain from a broken bone or two.

My aunt was on oxy when her cancer had metastasized throughout her body and was all in her back. Teens/20s in the neighborhood stole it from her, too. That kind of situation is when you need narcotic pain meds. Not for broken bones and sprains and wisdom teeth.

Unfortunately I have very low tolerance to pain. And Im clutsy so I tend to fall more than the average person. I have taken hydrocodone in the past with no issues. Im very careful about only taking it when I really need it. Im old enough and have been around the block many times so I know better. But I do appreciate your advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary