Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 10:07 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,570,114 times

Advertisements

I don't want nasty bare feet (or clean bare feet) in any restaurant especially the breakfast buffet. Gross. The point about flip flops is a good one, though.

I also don't want bare feet next to me on an airplane AND I don't want feet covered by socks touching me or my stuff.

I'm actually really surprised by how many here are ok with the bare feet at the breakfast buffet! If they're over two or three years old, that *(&#$ ain't cute!

Old 04-19-2018, 10:09 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,231,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I don't want nasty bare feet (or clean bare feet) in any restaurant especially the breakfast buffet. Gross. The point about flip flops is a good one, though.

I also don't want bare feet next to me on an airplane AND I don't want feet covered by socks touching me or my stuff.

I'm actually really surprised by how many here are ok with the bare feet at the breakfast buffet! If they're over two or three years old, that *(&#$ ain't cute!
What exactly do you think you're gonna catch from bare feet?

You realize shoes enter bathrooms, step in poop, step in urine, step in who knows what. Why is that any more sanitary? When was the last time you saw someone's feet in the buffet?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What exactly do you think you're gonna catch from bare feet?

You realize shoes enter bathrooms, step in poop, step in urine, step in who knows what. Why is that any more sanitary? When was the last time you saw someone's feet in the buffet?
Yes!

(I didn't claim to be logical...and FULLY admit I get more germphobic as the days go on)

I don't know why, but the bare feet at the buffet would totally gross me out more than flip flops and I do think it's inappropriate. I thought shoes at a restaurant are a rule?

I mean, isn't this a basic thing that people can agree on...customers need to wear shoes in a restaurant? Or are we in the upside down.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,231,667 times
Quote:
Yes!

(I didn't claim to be logical...and FULLY admit I get more germphobic as the days go on)

I don't know why, but the bare feet at the buffet would totally gross me out more than flip flops and I do think it's inappropriate. I thought shoes at a restaurant are a rule?

I mean, isn't this a basic thing that people can agree on...customers need to wear shoes in a restaurant? Or are we in the upside down.
Well, that's a personal preference not a sanitary or health issue.

Also the personal preference of of a business owner - I don't believe there's any law that states you have to wear shoes in public.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Well, that's a personal preference not a sanitary or health issue.

Also the personal preference of of a business owner - I don't believe there's any law that states you have to wear shoes in public.
In PUBLIC in general but at a restaurant?! I would think any business owner wants a customer to be wearing shoes, come on!

society is doomed

I cannot believe you guys think it's fine for people to be barefoot at a hotel restaurant. That's nuts to me.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:16 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,335,361 times
Quote:
Yes!

None of the 50 states have laws requiring shoes to be worn in a restaurant. A handful of municipalities do, but it is a persistent myth that shoes are required in restaurants.

Quote:
I don't get the need.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:17 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,335,361 times
Quote:
In PUBLIC in general but at a restaurant?! I would think any business owner wants a customer to be wearing shoes, come on!
Then the restaurant owner can require shoes. And people can vote with their feet.

Quote:
society is doomed
Not really.

Quote:
I cannot believe you guys think it's fine for people to be barefoot at a hotel restaurant. That's nuts to me.
Why?

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,884,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
It is pretty tacky but I don't think there's anything illegal about it or a hygiene issue...
This.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:18 AM

What?!!? I am flabbergasted. Yes I'm sure there's no LAW but since when is it a thing that it's ok to be barefoot in a restaurant?

It's disgusting, unsanitary - keep your nasty feet to yourself, please, you're in public...have some manners.

"no shirt no shoes no service"

I also don't think I know anyone who wants to be gross and walk around a restaurant with no shoes on.

Many years ago I was a waitress and one guy walked around barefoot and I told him to put his shoes back on.

I would never think to walk around barefoot at once of these places.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Why?
If you want to be repulsive that's your choice, but I would hope a hotel manager would discourage that in the restaurant area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.