Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 12:40 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Yeah, but who's going to get down on the floor and closely examine other people's feet? Realistically, you're not going to get closer than 6 to 8 feet away from them, and its really not hard to ignore the details of something that far away.
Good point. And if I'm at that breakfast area at all, I haven't had coffee yet, and that's all I care about.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
But you haven't seen my feet. I have callouses from hiking a lot, trust me they're not pretty.

My father has the ugliest feet ever. Thick yellow nails, hammer toes, dark hair on his knuckles, freckles/spots all over, and dry patches on his heels. You can't tell me that's not gross.

Granted, OP was talking about teenagers so they probably have cute manicured feet with painted toenails.
People can have gross hands with dark hair on the knuckles, dry skin, warts, age spots, even misshapen fingers (I had a teacher who had kind of a hammerfinger on her little finger).

I really have no problem with bare feet at a restaurant as long as they are not in the food I am eating.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:21 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,573,488 times
I think this has as much chance of being resolved as the Cyclists vs. Cars thread.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:23 PM

9,777 posts, read 15,786,780 times
I opened this thread thinking it was about a new bar called "Barefoot at Breakfast." After reading it, I wish I had been right.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:12 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
If I saw someone in bare feet in a restaurant I'd say to myself "wth is wrong with that person", and that'd be the end of it. If it were children, I'd say to myself "wth is wrong with their parents", and that'd be the end of it.
Same here, and agree with lamishra. IDK why anyone would want to walk around a hotel, restaurant, whatever, barefoot. My kids have to have shoes and clothing on to go to the hotel breakfast. Pajamas are ok if they are not lingerie. But I see people of all ages and sizes walking around at all hours of the day and night in pajamas at all sorts of establishments, and while I'm not a stickler for getting dressed and made up when I go out into the world, if I get to the point where I can't be bothered to put on street clothes, stick a fork in me.

I also agree that the management of this place isn't going to do anything. Hotel guests are transient, they're probably wanting to move along the OP and hope he never returns. Plus his OP said that they disagreed that there was anything to be done about it.

If you go around looking at peoples' feet, you're just asking for trouble. They CAN be gross. Probably not these teenage girls though. Although in my family some of us have "finger toes" - super long - freakishly long - toes. They're not pretty even when polished!

Old 04-19-2018, 02:49 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,377 times
I wish you would wear your shoes at the breakfast bar. And I doubt management of the hotel is going to do anything, except comment to a fellow co-worker about you.

One time I stopped at a rest stop along the highway to use the bathroom. Another car had just pulled into a parking spot and pre-teen, barefoot boy gets out of the car and walks barefoot to the restroom, then barefoot through the pet exercise area, then back into the car. Eeew. Hope he didn't have any open wounds on his feet.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:03 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,988,329 times
Bare feet at a breakfast bar are a poor idea simply for self-preservation reasons...I'd hate to be in the middle of the stampede when a new batch of cinnamon rolls comes out and I'm getting my bare feet stepped on.

But grossed out by others? Not so much.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I opened this thread thinking it was about a new bar called "Barefoot at Breakfast." After reading it, I wish I had been right.
I did the same thing.

That said, I would rather people apply some sort of foot coverings and not show up in see-through garments to eat at the breakfast bar. I realize these rules would probably bend if the breakfast bar was located in a recreational area where there was an ocean, a lake, or some other type of activity where one would wear a swimsuit.

Which makes me think that people who do this may have come to the bar after a swim or the like.

Me, I think that first and foremost, I'd be concerned about kids at a breakfast bar in see-through attire without a parent or adult guardian present.

I can see why the OP was annoyed by it and people come here to gripe about all manner of stuff that happens locally, so let's not get too upset with her over it.

It's a valid concern, really. Now, we don't all have to agree with how much of a concern it is, but there's a least some small part of it that has been a concern to seemingly everyone who posted here. Levels of concern vary, of course.

Soo... yeah... I'm still bummed about this new restaurant not existing.

I think this has run its course, but people get annoyed when I get the last word, so I'll just leave this open for a little while before I close it.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
It is pretty tacky but I don't think there's anything illegal about it or a hygiene issue.
If the hotel didn't care and you feel strongly about it, write a letter to corporate and them know that because of their apathy on something you perceive as distasteful, you wont be returning. I don't personally think it would be a bad policy to have just to keep it classy.
I have teens and they need to be not in PJs to leave the hotel room. (at least in sweats or athletic shorts or something). I tell my kids, its not your living room.
You. I like you.

My teens heard the same.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Come to think it, we stayed at a motel in Texas and people were coming down to get food in their jammies. Some were kinda scary. I'll take bare feet over those giant oddly colored slippers that are hairy.

Everyone was super cool so it was no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary