Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 04:51 PM

492 posts, read 1,151,528 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the replies. We just found out this very bad news today. The dealer has been replying in email or calls one excuse after another. So we will be there tomorrow. This is not as simple as just returning. We have $10k tied up as well as first payment on a loan that will be revoked if dealer can't provide title by Thursday. I have installed accessories to remove, insurance to cancel and be refunded. Not to mention all the hours of detailing inside and out. The truck was sold used, had one owner for a supposed 5mo before Hendricks Chevrolet bought it from another dealer in GA. We questioned salesman at the time about who would give up such a nice new loaded truck. He gave us a story about a business guy who buys many vehicles every year.

How does a huge dealer like Hendricks sell a vehicle for which they do not have title?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 05:58 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,258,759 times
I don't understand why we and the government let car dealerships be such scumbags. There is literally no accountability, and no other business out there as shady. If there's anything that needs regulation, it's car dealers.

We had a pretty big issue with Hendrick as well - bought a certified used car and they advertised it as a trim that it wasn't. We didn't realize until after the papers were signed - when we asked for our trade-in back and our money back, we were told absolutely not. The car also had a pretty severe cigarette odor issue, which they covered up.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:22 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
Thanks for all the replies. We just found out this very bad news today. The dealer has been replying in email or calls one excuse after another. So we will be there tomorrow. This is not as simple as just returning. We have $10k tied up as well as first payment on a loan that will be revoked if dealer can't provide title by Thursday. I have installed accessories to remove, insurance to cancel and be refunded. Not to mention all the hours of detailing inside and out. The truck was sold used, had one owner for a supposed 5mo before Hendricks Chevrolet bought it from another dealer in GA. We questioned salesman at the time about who would give up such a nice new loaded truck. He gave us a story about a business guy who buys many vehicles every year.

How does a huge dealer like Hendricks sell a vehicle for which they do not have title?
So you're the fourth owner of this 2017 truck....there is a titling issue somewhere along the way. The fact that two states are involved is making it worse. I would make them give you either a loaner or another temporary tag so you can use the truck on vacation. And I would absolutely start looking into filing complaints wherever needed.

Lesson learned, unless the car has less than 100 miles on it RUN THE VIN.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:34 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,482,840 times
After buying my own car there in 2014 and my family buying every car we've owned from there since the mid 90's....I wrote off Hendrick Chevy in Cary when I went there to replace my 2014 Malibu after it was totaled in an accident about 2 years ago. Couldn't believe how low their customer service had fallen and they were condescending and incompetent.

Drove out to Capital Chevy and got a great deal on a brand new 2016 malibu and had a much more pleasant experience. Sure the showroom was older and not as "fancy" as Hendrick......but who cares? Felt like more honest and courtious customer service.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
After buying my own car there in 2014 and my family buying every car we've owned from there since the mid 90's....I wrote off Hendrick Chevy in Cary when I went there to replace my 2014 Malibu after it was totaled in an accident about 2 years ago. Couldn't believe how low their customer service had fallen and they were condescending and incompetent.

Drove out to Capital Chevy and got a great deal on a brand new 2016 malibu and had a much more pleasant experience. Sure the showroom was older and not as "fancy" as Hendrick......but who cares? Felt like more honest and courtious customer service.
I also like Sir Walter. Hendrick sucks.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:04 PM

What do you mean "run the Vin?" We have a Carfax report. This report told us the truck's history. If there is a way to run a Vin thru all DMVs to track title I wish I knew that. This is a huge dealership. I would never expect them to sell a truck they have no legal title for. This is not Mom and Pops backyard used car lot. We have bought a dozen dif cars while being adults. Never ever come across something so messy. Isn't It illegal to sell a car that you don't own????? Money has transferred from Hendricks to somewhere in GA. Then my finance company paid Hendricks. Does no one check paperwork or have accountability? This is a huge mess for my family, financially as well as severe anxiety. I will file a complaint Tuesday with attorney general.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:08 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,319,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I also like Sir Walter. Hendrick sucks.
Sir Walter was the one that we dealt with unsatisfactorily. Wish we had bought from Hendricks at Southpoint. We looked at one there, too.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:21 PM

Just used a site and paid for GA title search. Shows no liens, no salvage, no wrecks. Exactly the same as my Carfax. Thanks for the help. Hopefully will get answers from dealer tomorrow. I have headache worrying over this so much.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:34 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,430,946 times
Just do what my neighbor does with her BMW and change the date on the temp tags with a sharpie. It's been around 8 months since she bought it still with temp tags.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:56 PM

4,158 posts, read 4,871,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
This is all so upsetting. We love the truck, installed cover, mud flaps, wheel well guards etc. We have vacation soon and prob won't have a vehicle to drive. We have one other car to drive but it's small compact and we have two drivers that need a car daily. Very difficult to look in driveway at a truck I can't drive.
Make them give you another temporary tag or dealer tag until things get straightened out. There's no reason why you can't still drive the truck. They should also compensate you in some way for your trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary