Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 10:09 AM

6,650 posts, read 5,561,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
This store is 30 minutes from my house so I am losing money already because of gas and my time is important. I can go to the HT near my house, get hot and cold food, great sushi, groceries that may be a few cents more than what I would pay driving 30 minutes away and Im home in half the time. I dont need all the hype. I want to go and buy my groceries. I dont want to eat at a restaurant in a grocery store. I prefer a restaurant with a little ambiance, not grocery carts going by. I get the hype. But I have better things to do with my time. And most of the time, I will order my groceries online and pick them up. I dont step foot in the store which saves me a lot of money. Its like a cult. They draw you in and you buy more than you went it needing. Good luck with that!

P.S. I will go check it out in a couple of months just for curiosity but I probably wont buy anything.
Driving 30 minutes to a grocery store isn't for everybody (heck most people probably won't do that). No need to buy into the hype if it isn't convenient for you or if you don't care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 11:06 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,150,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Driving 30 minutes to a grocery store isn't for everybody (heck most people probably won't do that). No need to buy into the hype if it isn't convenient for you or if you don't care
His/her time is so important, yet he/she finds the time to come into this thread and post gibberish which no one cares about.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:11 AM

I went again today at lunch, and i've never seen so many people in a store during the middle of the day.

It was packed but not unreasonable. The hot bar was very good and I even got dessert from the expansive dessert area. I asked an employee what was this particular item, and she very enthusiastically explained all of the ingredients in that slice of cake and then offered me a sample.

I usually don't expect this level of customer service at a public grocery store, but then again, Wegmans is not your average grocery store.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:13 AM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
I don’t think anyone would drive 30 minutes for groceries if they didn’t have to - unless you’re talking specialty places like H Mart. I’m not going to Wegmans even out of curiosity till the one on Davis Drive is built.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:17 PM

748 posts, read 1,373,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I don’t think anyone would drive 30 minutes for groceries if they didn’t have to - unless you’re talking specialty places like H Mart. I’m not going to Wegmans even out of curiosity till the one on Davis Drive is built.
HAH you would be surprised. I dont care what everyone else does. If it floats your boat to stand in line before dawn for a grocery store and then get knocked around like a weeble wobble once you are inside, more power to you. People are talking about it like its a cult and I think its silly. Oh well...to each their own. Enjoy!!

Old 09-30-2019, 12:39 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,156,612 times
There's no reason to ever stand in line to get into a grocery store. Some people....

Old 09-30-2019, 12:44 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,237,801 times
I went today (Monday) morning at 8am. Parking lot was 3/4 empty. Easy parking. Store was not crowded at all and ZERO lines at checkout.

It was dreamy.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
HAH you would be surprised. I dont care what everyone else does. If it floats your boat to stand in line before dawn for a grocery store and then get knocked around like a weeble wobble once you are inside, more power to you. People are talking about it like its a cult and I think its silly. Oh well...to each their own. Enjoy!!
Is this one of those important things that occupies so much of your time?

Old 09-30-2019, 03:19 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,763,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
A childhood friend of mine who now lives 100 miles north of Raleigh in Virginia is planning to do her shopping here because the Raleigh Wegmans is the closest one to her. (I don't love Wegmans THAT much! : ) )
Richmond is only 138 miles north of Raleigh and has 2 Wegman's. Well one is in Midlothian, VA and the other in Herrico, Va but they are both just suburbs of Richmond. Think Cary, Garner .... why make the drive to Raleigh ..... .. wait a childhood friend and a chance to see old friends.

Old 09-30-2019, 03:24 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Richmond is only 138 miles north of Raleigh and has 2 Wegman's. Well one is in Midlothian, VA and the other in Herrico, Va but they are both just suburbs of Richmond. Think Cary, Garner .... why make the drive to Raleigh ..... .. wait a childhood friend and a chance to see old friends.
There's one in Charlottesville too. A lovely weekend trip into the Shanandoah Valley, tour the UVA campus, and stop by a Wegmans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary