Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 02:16 PM

6 posts, read 2,835 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

My wife and I are currently in the market to buy (along with the rest of the world, it feels like). We're currently renting in Highland Creek, but we're looking in the surrounding areas, and something in Braefield popped up on our radar. I've tried to dig in to information about the community (builder ratings, home quality, crime) via google-fu, but I'm wondering if there are any community residents (former or current) who could comment on it?

It's basically across the Louisburg from where we are currently, but most of what I found online was from 2014ish. NE Raleigh has changed a ton since then, and we've only been in the area about a year.

Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 02:54 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
I live in Braefield!

Lots of police live in the neighborhood which I like. Crime is petty and similar to other neighborhoods, package thieves etc. Some people take care of their homes and some do not. That is my biggest beef. We pay an HOA but they have little power.

My neighbor used to do TWC installers. Said the build quality was better than Brighton which is pretty low end. Braefield is kinda middle tier. My wife and I went and looked at a $450k home around the corner and honestly the build quality was not much better. You are mostly buying size/space not quality these days I think.

The homes were built in 2004-2005. Some are being updated otherwise you will need new carpet/flooring and HVAC. No major structural issues I'm aware of except a few homes have had driveways that have sunk. Most have been fixed. They just weren't tied in together with rebar. No other major issues. It was a Murdock & Gannon community which is a pretty good local builder.

I do notice homes here sell pretty fast. Mostly because of the price range I think.

There was this huge plan for Forestville Crossing including a Harris Teeter. That kinda fizzled out after 2008. But some things are super convenient. The dentist there (Wells) is great, absolutely the best I've ever been to. Lowe's Foods is super convenient albeit pricey for last minute things, and its walkable/bikeable. CVS for meds. Wake Med runs the new urgent care. Lots of higher end building going on up the street towards Wake Forest. Not sure what the master plan for the area is nowadays, maybe a Realtor can fill us in.

What house are you looking at? I may be able to provide some background info. We've been here a decade.

Last edited by wheelsup; 05-30-2018 at 03:05 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 2,835 times
Thank you so much for the detailed reply! This was so helpful!

I will send you the address in a private message. The downstairs is hardwood and still in pretty good shape. Upstairs is carpet and needs replacing. Could use fresh paint as well. But it's 5% under our budget target, so we could make some of those improvements. We live just across 401 at Highland Creek (renting), and we love the area. This would be super convenient, as we already call this neighborhood home.

Thanks so much! Address coming in PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary