Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:39 PM

299 posts, read 635,307 times

Advertisements

I'd check out Vesta Homes in Holly Springs. They have a couple listings of finished models in the $200k range. It is also a small community, not one with street after street of cookie cutter designs. You'd be about two miles from the nearest grocery store, bank, library, post office, etc. so it is a convenient location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 05:17 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
My best advice to you is to rent for at least 6 months and take your time getting to know the area and really get an in-depth view of different neighborhoods. There's no reason to tie yourself into a purchase right now, especially since the market has softened and buyers can get some good deals out there. We can all give you opinions of what we think are good areas, but we are looking at that through the prism of our own lives. You really need to be here to explore. Take your time--you have LOTS of time.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,061 times
Default Wake Forest is a wonderful charming town 10 m. from Raleigh

I live in Wake Forest and absolutely love it. It is a great place to raise kids. In your price range you can afford a nice new townhome. There is a great sense of community and it is safe! The town is also charming and convenient to everything!

to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieAnn View Post
Hi All,

First, I want to say how much I've enjoyed reading all the posts and am so impressed with how nice and helpful everyone is.

I've been thinking about relocating to your beautiful area for quite some time but think I'm finally getting ready to make the jump and have managed to talk a friend into relocating also.

My friend has an 11 year old daughter so the school district and kid-friendly activities are important as is living in a safe, secure neighborhood. We are both in our 40's, single and interested in socializing, dating and nightlife also. I would like to live in a community that is within walking distance to at least a few stores or shops and has a community pool.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a house right now but am hoping to find a townhome in the $200,000's range.

Does my ideal community exist, and if so, can I afford it?

Any suggestions on what communities and/or areas to consider would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Valerie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary