Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 AM

351 posts, read 1,194,207 times

Advertisements

If you wanted to stay in Chapel Hill in that range I would suggest Dogwood Acres. I know a couple of families who live there and there are a number of kids in the neighborhood. It's so close to Southern Village and the Southern Village Racquet and Swim Club. They're also putting in a new city park Southern Community park just around the corner. DA has all the benefits of SV without the high cost. And many of the homes have county taxes but city schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 AM

12 posts, read 40,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I would not have put the level of your approval on a forum.
That is confidential information, FWIW.

I believe those communities all have pools.
And I apologize, since the list is so short, it is probably representative of about 1% of the nice neighborhoods in the Triangle that meet your specified criteria.......
oops I guess i slipped

Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 AM

12 posts, read 40,729 times
So let me see if i can remember all the post. I've been inside some of those 73 homes listed and found 3 I really like one in breckinridge, one near bond park and one in the middle of nowhere. I am still trying to figure out what I really want. I do love Chapel Hill but can only afford a town home in Chapel Hill. would owning a townhome in chapel hill bring a good return in 5-8 years. or a home in cary. again my #1 concern is investment return when i sell.

I am an nurse and my fiancee is also an nurse. I travel nurse in Va, NC, and SC. my fiance is a full time employee at UNC. we have 4 days off and 3 days on working. for 4 days I want to spend as much time relaxing and being outdoors as possible. where i currently live, all the children know me and come to play with eric and I because Im out with my son so much. In the summer i spend all 4 days off with eric at the pool. and we bike chapel hill in the evenings. This is the kind of feeling i want to maintain.

as for Durham. I don't think I want Durham. my parents live in Hope valley Farms. and they have had 2 cars stolen from their property in 4 years. along with 6 lawn mowers. so hope valley is out of the question.

I'll look into dogwood acres. SV is pretty pricey! but the dinning's nice and I DO love the outdoor movies in the summer.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
I like most of areas near Bond Park much better than Breckenridge, which looks shoddily constructed to me.

That said, my wife used to commute between our old house near Bond Park to UNC Hospital. It is pretty far and gets old very quickly. It wasn't long before she was looking for a closer job.

One area you might want to consider is Apex out Olive Chapel Rd. This would give quick access to 64 West to Farrington Road.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
I am not a realtor, so take this with a grain of salt b/c it's only opinion. I would think that whatever you can afford in Chapel Hill is going to do well in terms of resale. There simply aren't many homes or townhomes available in Chapel Hill in your pricerange, and many people want to live in CH/C within your price range. To me, this means that you'd do well when you sell. I did hear from a friend, who is a realtor in CH, that lower priced homes are selling very well in CH b/c there just aren't many of them. I would think that in Apex, Cary, anywhere with a large inventory means more competition when its time to sell.

Again, that's just what I'd think and I'm not a realtor!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
Oh, as an aside, I'd also suggest that you figure out what you can afford to pay for a mortgage--don't base your mortgage on what you've been approved for. Just b/c a bank thinks you can handle a higher mortgage does not mean you can (look at the banking/mortgage mess!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary