Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM

12 posts, read 40,749 times

Advertisements

Hi i'm new to the forum. I live in Chapel Hill currently renting. prices of homes in chapel hill are to much for me so I'm looking to find a great neighborhood with a community pool and within walking or bicycling distance to shopping centers. started looking into cary for the resale value b/c I only plan on staying 5-8 years. I have put breckenridge on the list but have heard some negatives about the community. anyone else have some other communities they might recommend. can be anywhere in the triangle with a focus on #1 resale, #2 community life, #3 convenient access to stores. I love biking to ice cream shops with my child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIMPYB27 View Post
Hi i'm new to the forum. I live in Chapel Hill currently renting. prices of homes in chapel hill are to much for me so I'm looking to find a great neighborhood with a community pool and within walking or bicycling distance to shopping centers. started looking into cary for the resale value b/c I only plan on staying 5-8 years. I have put breckenridge on the list but have heard some negatives about the community. anyone else have some other communities they might recommend. can be anywhere in the triangle with a focus on #1 resale, #2 community life, #3 convenient access to stores. I love biking to ice cream shops with my child.
Cary:
Park Village
Whitebridge
Lochmere
Troon
Wimbledon
Stoneybrook Estates
Farmington Woods
Woods of Kildaire
Preston Village
Riggsbee Farm
Arlington Ridge
Weatherstone
Highland Oaks

Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Cary:
Park Village
Whitebridge
Lochmere
Troon
Wimbledon
Stoneybrook Estates
Farmington Woods
Woods of Kildaire
Preston Village
Riggsbee Farm
Arlington Ridge
Weatherstone
Highland Oaks
OMG to many to comprehend! do all of these have pools / play grounds? what are some reasons why these are nice places? I'm really looking for more info on select places rather then a list. thx

Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
Have you an ideal on price range? The communities listed by MikeJaquish have a pretty big range in terms of prices.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:10 AM

I think I'm looking to spend about $270k but I'm approved for $300K.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:00 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
I would not have put the level of your approval on a forum.
That is confidential information, FWIW.

I believe those communities all have pools.
And I apologize, since the list is so short, it is probably representative of about 1% of the nice neighborhoods in the Triangle that meet your specified criteria.......

Old 03-31-2008, 05:05 AM

403 posts, read 353,333 times
Quote:

That is going to limit what you can find in Cary, unless you want a townhome.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:11 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
That is going to limit what you can find in Cary, unless you want a townhome.
Huh? There are currently 73 single family houses listed for sale in Cary between $225-$275K. I don't know how many of those will fit the OP's criteria, but it's a start!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:46 AM

355 posts, read 1,502,944 times
Olde Salem is a good subdivision. Although it doesn't have a pool, YMCA is just walking distance. Also Bond Park is very closeby.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:22 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
As Mike said, his list includes only about 1% of the neighborhoods here that would meet your criteria. There are tons of options all over the place! If you know where you'll be working, that will help us pin-point an area for you.

If you want to be near Chapel Hill, you should look into the area where I live: southern Durham. You could easily buy a 4 bedroom home in your budget here. There are a number of neighborhoods here with swimming pools that meet your needs: Woodcroft, Woodlake, and Hope Valley Farms just to name a few. There are miles of walking and biking trails in this area, including the American Tobacco Trail. You can find every kind of shopping you could need within a 2 mile radius - multiple grocery stores, a Super Target, the Streets at Southpoint mall, many restaurants including a locally owned bakery and, yes, even an ice cream shop.

I'm sure there are plenty of communities in western Durham that would also fit your needs, but I'm not as familiar with the neighborhoods so I'll leave it up to someone else to help you there.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary