Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:00 PM

420 posts, read 451,856 times

Advertisements

More hair issues.

Anyone have a recommendation for a salon that does these?
Don’t want Brazilian Blowout.

I have had the Pravana treatment done on me and although it helped, it didn’t take as well as it should.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 03:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Love View Post
More hair issues.

I have had the Pravana treatment done on me and although it helped, it didn’t take as well as it should.
Thanks in advance.
Is this for frizz or curl?

What sort of texture do you have?

Old 07-19-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Is this for frizz or curl?

What sort of texture do you have?
Mid-life frizz/ some coarseness with hair that was previously perfectly straight and smooth.
Still straight; just very “fuzzy” without a good blow dry.
I like to keep things as low maintenance as possible for myself (don’t wanna blow dry everyday). Most days it’s a ponytail for me but the hair that falls out is frizz, enough to age me quite a few years.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:30 PM

586 posts, read 1,546,271 times
Quote:
Mid-life frizz/ some coarseness with hair that was previously perfectly straight and smooth.
Still straight; just very “fuzzy” without a good blow dry.
I like to keep things as low maintenance as possible for myself (don’t wanna blow dry everyday). Most days it’s a ponytail for me but the hair that falls out is frizz, enough to age me quite a few years.
I would be interested in finding this treatment for my daughter. She has very coarse, dry hair with a slight wave. We have been reading about keratin treatments so thanks for starting this thread!

Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,592 times
Quote:
More hair issues.

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you just go to Sally's and buy a texturizer, and run that through your hair. I have very curly frizzy hair, and it smooths the frizz out pretty well. My hair is still curly when I wash it out, but if I were to blow it out after, it would be straighter and more manageable. And definitely more manageable if I followed that up with some flat ironing!

Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Why don't you just go to Sally's and buy a texturizer, and run that through your hair. I have very curly frizzy hair, and it smooths the frizz out pretty well. My hair is still curly when I wash it out, but if I were to blow it out after, it would be straighter and more manageable. And definitely more manageable if I followed that up with some flat ironing!
The whole point of the keratin treatment is to not have to use product/blow dry/flat iron every day. That can be very time consuming (not to mention the daily heat damage!). She can wash and air dry, and still have silky smooth hair.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:54 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
If you don't mind letting it dry naturally and going curly I recommend John Frieda Frizz Ease or any brand of moroccan oil.

I have the same problem as OP - straight hair till I had kids. Now it's curly and will frizz if I don't deal with appropriately. I don't fight it any more and I don't blow dry it. I have a ton of hair on top of all this and it can easily take 20 minutes or more for a professional to blow dry it. I also don't wash it more than twice a week (if you are young enough to have oily hair or oily skin this probably doesn't work...20 years ago if I didn't wash it daily it looked like someone combed oil through it *sigh*). It goes flat after I sleep on it which is another way to deal with it LOL.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you don't mind letting it dry naturally and going curly I recommend John Frieda Frizz Ease or any brand of moroccan oil.

I have the same problem as OP - straight hair till I had kids. Now it's curly and will frizz if I don't deal with appropriately. I don't fight it any more and I don't blow dry it. I have a ton of hair on top of all this and it can easily take 20 minutes or more for a professional to blow dry it. I also don't wash it more than twice a week (if you are young enough to have oily hair or oily skin this probably doesn't work...20 years ago if I didn't wash it daily it looked like someone combed oil through it *sigh*). It goes flat after I sleep on it which is another way to deal with it LOL.
Same here... hair really was not curly until I had kids. Funny how that works. My hair is still oily, so I still have to wash every day. Good news is that my skin is still oily... minimal wrinkles... bonus!

I got a perm recently. I hadn't had one since the 80s.

Problem solved. Consistent curls. No styling needed. Just a little product after a shower and voila!

OP? Have you ever tried Aveda's Smooth Shampoo products? I swear, I have never had hair go more straight and smooth all on its own than when I used that stuff.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:16 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Good news is that my skin is still oily... minimal wrinkles... bonus!

Same here....good genes. My grandmother lived to 90 and still had luminous skin with very few wrinkles. That and I avoid the sun.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Same here....good genes. My grandmother lived to 90 and still had luminous skin with very few wrinkles. That and I avoid the sun.
Gotta chime in about the oily skin...
Had that and oily hair thru my mid forties and it was a blessing! Unbelievable how it preserving it can be.
So is the humidity (for skin) but not good for hair!

Redzin, yes, I am an Aveeda enthusiast. Have trying their smoothing products but not tough enough for my frizz. Nor are the FrizzEase products. I use Aveeda’s BLUE MALVA shampoo to keep grassiness at bay. Best shampoo I have come across for that.

When I have had a keratin treatment done by a good stylist using a good product, I wash my hair only 2-3 times a week and do nothing but shampoo, lightly condition, and comb it out. That’s all I want to have to do.

I had perms in the 80’s. I hear they are much better now...less harsh and more natural.
Everything seems to find its way back.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
If you hear of a stylist, please post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary