U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 08:16 AM

7 posts, read 7,354 times

Advertisements

Anyone living in these communities have feedback? Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 08:26 AM

12,666 posts, read 14,858,255 times
They're nice communities, but I take exception with their use of "Chapel Hill". That is an area that was traditionally considered to have a Pittsboro address (my kids went to school down Manns Chapel Rd north of that area and the school had a Pittsboro address). So don't be fooled by that and think that they're in the Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools district because they're not. Kids in these neighborhoods go to Chatham County Schools.

I have not been in Westfall, but I know where it is. I've been to Briar Chapel several times. They've got a great set of pools. There's lots of development happening along 15-501 so I have heard that traffic can be bad at rush hour.

Other than that if you're okay with Chatham County Schools, being not in Chapel Hill but outside of it, and the potential for bad traffic they are nice communities. Your taxes are a little lower in Chatham.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 AM

222 posts, read 184,822 times
We came very close to buying in Briar Chapel. Ultimately, tiny lots with lots of very small kids made me think twice. I think it is a GREAT place if you have small kids.

Last edited by Sassakitty; 07-22-2018 at 09:45 AM..

Old 07-24-2018, 11:21 AM

645 posts, read 785,179 times
Wife and I looked into the neighborhood. Great homes, proximity to what we wanted to do wasn't bad either but we did not want out kids to have to deal with Chatham County schools.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:36 AM

3,621 posts, read 6,192,151 times
My wife and I love Briar Chapel and have seriously considered relocating there. Our one (major) reservation is that it's remote from all that we know in North Raleigh. Our doctors, service professionals, restaurants, etc. are all somewhere convenient to I-540 between Brier Creek and Capitol. Plus, my wife currently works on Six Forks just south of I-540 and doesn't want to change jobs (nor do I want her to). That would require her to drive nearly an hour each way and that's kind of crazy.

But with young children, I doubt there are many better places to consider. Plus, if either the Amazon or Apple campus wind up opening in the area everything off of 15/501 is going to soar in terms of property values.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:51 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,662,812 times
houses way to close for my preference and I think the HOA is active can you even park in the BC neighborhoods?

Old 07-24-2018, 03:12 PM

7 posts, read 7,354 times
Thanks, we are looking at the newer section of BC backing to some wooded buffer so it doesn’t feel as crowded in. We also like Westfall Pines off Jack Bennett but it doesn’t seem to be selling very well. Can’t afford Chapel Hill city ��*♀️

Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 AM

20 posts, read 14,658 times
I'm in the process of building at Briar Chapel (November completion date). I don't have children and don't mind the small lots--there's tons of green space in the community. The larger homes have larger lots--and I believe the new section will have slightly larger lots. I was drawn to Briar Chapel because of the homes and the community activities. I'll be relocating from New York and am optimistic about the move and my choice of Briar Chapel.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:03 AM

750 posts, read 718,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
My wife and I love Briar Chapel and have seriously considered relocating there. Our one (major) reservation is that it's remote from all that we know in North Raleigh. Our doctors, service professionals, restaurants, etc. are all somewhere convenient to I-540 between Brier Creek and Capitol. Plus, my wife currently works on Six Forks just south of I-540 and doesn't want to change jobs (nor do I want her to). That would require her to drive nearly an hour each way and that's kind of crazy.

But with young children, I doubt there are many better places to consider. Plus, if either the Amazon or Apple campus wind up opening in the area everything off of 15/501 is going to soar in terms of property values.
Addressing the parts I bolded above: If you want to actually spend time with your family, outside the car, I bet there are (better places). Maybe if you both work in Chapel Hill.

Also, if, and it's a huge IF, Apple and/or Amazon do relocate here they are not going to be anywhere near BC. Just forget the idea of either one going into Chatham Park. It will be RTP or DT Raleigh. If you think this will cause property values off 15/501 to "soar", just think what it will do to property values that are within a much more decent/reasonable/acceptable commuting distance/time. Suits me fine.....I'm literally sitting (27513) right in-between them both (15min to either).

Old 07-25-2018, 08:05 AM

34,860 posts, read 34,104,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncgal4kids View Post
Thanks, we are looking at the newer section of BC backing to some wooded buffer so it doesn’t feel as crowded in. We also like Westfall Pines off Jack Bennett but it doesn’t seem to be selling very well. Can’t afford Chapel Hill city ��*♀️
Beware the "wooded buffer" until you know for sure it isn't a piece of land that cannot one day be built on or have a road on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary