Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 05:30 AM

79 posts, read 79,637 times

Advertisements

I want to thank everyone for their input. It's been really helpful to me!

My husband and I went out to North Hills twice in the past week and we do not love it. It feels very yuppy-ish with a lot of chain restaurants. The suggestions a couple people here made to check out Allister were on point because we really liked that place. We liked that it was away from all the chains and quiet with great floorplans. But it's still in yuppyville.

We are considering staying in downtown Durham and dealing with the 30 minute commute because we love it here. Having a hard time deciding exactly what to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellorebecca View Post
Honestly? My husband commutes every day to Raleigh. Just because we love Durham. If you guys love Durham with that Durham-y passion in your bones, you might not like N Hills quite as much.
Oh- and also there’s a new sprouts in S Durham, probably a 15 min drive).
But, personal preference.
Just saying, I wouldn’t think of it as a given that you guys should move!
I think you might be 100% right. We like Durham so much. We also really like Chapel Hill and would also be happy there. I just don't think we would be happy in Raleigh.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:36 AM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
Yes. Both Cameron Village and North Hills have access to the most retail and amenities within walking distance, but are definitely “yuppyish”. You might consider looking near Oakwood or Mordecai near Yellow Dog bakery. It might be closer to what you’re looking for, but otherwise stay in Durham. Most of my friends who live in Durham, don’t do it for their commute and ardently love their community

Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
Yes. Both Cameron Village and North Hills have access to the most retail and amenities within walking distance, but are definitely “yuppyish”. You might consider looking near Oakwood or Mordecai near Yellow Dog bakery. It might be closer to what you’re looking for, but otherwise stay in Durham. Most of my friends who live in Durham, don’t do it for their commute and ardently love their community
Agree with Oakwood/Mordecai being less yuppy-ish. Also check out the area around Five Points.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM

So while we settled on staying in Durham, last night we ended up in the neighborhood around Cameron Park in Raleigh for a comedy show and it was SO CUTE. I absolutely loved it. It was the most charming part of Raleigh I found so far.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:54 AM

530 posts, read 637,257 times
Yes, Cameron Park has more personality. If I lived in Raleigh I'd probably live around there.

North Hills is a lot of chains and yuppiesh, not my preference either.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:35 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1980 View Post
So while we settled on staying in Durham, last night we ended up in the neighborhood around Cameron Park in Raleigh for a comedy show and it was SO CUTE. I absolutely loved it. It was the most charming part of Raleigh I found so far.
you'd probably like the old apartments across from St Mary's school just fine, and they're pretty affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary