Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,703 times

Advertisements

Hello. We are going to be relocating to the Morrisville are from Melbourne, Florida. Moderator cut: removed so we are looking for a decent home in the area with 3+ (preferably 4) bedrooms in a good neighborhood. Also, looking for some feedback on the area, what you all love in the area, any dislikes? I have 2 teenage girls and 2 children that are 10 and 11 so just wondering what the area is like for children as well! I am open to any and all information you can give me on all subjects!!!!

Last edited by autumngal; 03-31-2008 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: no advertising as per the terms of service please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 03:07 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,449,708 times
My husband and I love the area. We rented a three-bedroom apartment, initially, in Carpenter Village, and liked the area so well until we settled on a home in the neighborhood. There are a number of resales available now, but a few them are also for rent. You can check them out at nchomerentals with Block and Associates.

The schools here are good schools -- Carpenter Village Elementary is across the street from a new branch of the Wake County Public Library, and the HS students would most likely attend Panther Creek HS, which is only about 3 years old. Beautiful school.

I like the easy access to all sorts of things, including shopping, dry cleaning, vets for the dogs, restaurants, a park or two, and the Cary greenway which runs around a small body of water (large pond) here in Carpenter Village. There are also a number of nice neighborhoods near us, too. I am easily within 20-30 minutes of Durham, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro, and the Research Triangle Park, if I travel HWY 55, or I can get onto I40 and head into Raleigh, or skirt the city on the beltline, or 540.

It is safe, and quiet, although some people hear (and object to) the planes coming into, and leaving RDU. We seldom hear them but some folks do complain about the air traffic noise.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:39 PM

13 posts, read 38,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
My husband and I love the area. We rented a three-bedroom apartment, initially, in Carpenter Village, and liked the area so well until we settled on a home in the neighborhood. There are a number of resales available now, but a few them are also for rent. You can check them out at nchomerentals with Block and Associates.

The schools here are good schools -- Carpenter Village Elementary is across the street from a new branch of the Wake County Public Library, and the HS students would most likely attend Panther Creek HS, which is only about 3 years old. Beautiful school.

I like the easy access to all sorts of things, including shopping, dry cleaning, vets for the dogs, restaurants, a park or two, and the Cary greenway which runs around a small body of water (large pond) here in Carpenter Village. There are also a number of nice neighborhoods near us, too. I am easily within 20-30 minutes of Durham, Chapel Hill, and Carrboro, and the Research Triangle Park, if I travel HWY 55, or I can get onto I40 and head into Raleigh, or skirt the city on the beltline, or 540.

It is safe, and quiet, although some people hear (and object to) the planes coming into, and leaving RDU. We seldom hear them but some folks do complain about the air traffic noise.
I second this. We moved a little over a year ago, and I couldn't be happier. I love that we're near everything but not directly in the middle OF anything-- a lot of the city conveniences but with a much smaller, safer, quainter feel. Our children are much smaller than yours, but this area has impressed me with how family-oriented it is. There are always children playing outside together, the parks are always packed. It's slowly starting to build up... I have a feeling in five or ten years it will feel a little more crowded, but it still has some way to go-- and in the meantime, it's nice to have all the new shopping and food options.

I don't hear the airplanes unless I'm outside, or if everything in the house is off and the windows are open. I thought it would bother me more, but honestly having them overhead several times a day has calmed my anxiety about plane crashes. I find it sort of comforting now-- but that's obviously a personal thing.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,704 times
i just did a quick search on craigslist for rentals in morrisville. here is the link:
raleigh craigslist > apts/housing for rent: search for "morrisville"
we have been renting a house in morrisville for a year now, and it's been very convenient. my husband works in the RTP and has a 10 minute commute. our neighborhood is full of children of all ages and colors. we have a nice sized pool and baby pool and a playground. there is a new library about 10 minutes away, a nice town park, a parks and rec dept. that offers all kinds of classes/camps/sports for children and adults, the schools are excellent, etc. good luck with your search!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,703 times
That is awesome to hear! It is nice to hear that people are happy here. Moderator cut: no promoting

Last edited by autumngal; 04-03-2008 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: to comply with the terms of service

Old 04-03-2008, 11:46 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
The Morrisville area is very convenient for a lot of people. But buying in Morrisville requires some extra research, IMO. It gets a LOT of thru traffic. There is train and airport noise to consider. There is a lot of growth and change going on in the area. That can be good and bad, depending on how it effects you (You might not want to live next to where a Wal-Mart is going in, for instance. But it might be nice to have one a couple miles away). As with most of the county, there are school issues, but Morrisville is probably worse that some areas in terms of churn.

Don't let any that discourage you in general, but just when picking a specific neighborhood/home, pay extra attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
I like the easy access to all sorts of things, including shopping, dry cleaning, vets for the dogs, restaurants, a park or two, and the Cary greenway which runs around a small body of water (large pond) here in Carpenter Village.
Pretty sure that the trail in CV is not part of the Greenway. It is private (and marked as such if you enter over the dam from Preston).

Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 PM

132 posts, read 445,902 times
We are renting a 4 bedroom house in Amberly. It is pretty nice community with lots of fun neighbours and kids.

Even thought this is in cary, it is very close to all the stuff in Morrisville.

There seem to be a few houses for rent - if you are interested please check with wilson west agency.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
That can be good and bad, depending on how it effects you (You might not want to live next to where a Wal-Mart is going in, for instance. But it might be nice to have one a couple miles away). As with most of the county, there are school issues, but Morrisville is probably worse that some areas in terms of churn.
Where's the new Morrisville Wal-Mart?

Personally, I love the NW Cary/Morrisville location; it is an area of high growth, however, and growth = change. I had been warned about the airplane noise, but I haven't noticed it at all. It's ideal in terms of proximity to RTP and the new drugstores/pharmacies, grocery stores and restaurants make it very convenient. There are many pool/tennis communities, which are great for the kids.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:51 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,772,563 times
I think a Wal-Mart is planned on 54 near the NC-540 interchange.

Plane noise hasn't been a big deal to me in Cary (in an area where I have to disclose the noise), but I worked in Morrisville much closer to the Airport and the planes there were about 10X as loud as my home. So it can vary a lot. Buyers should just do their research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary