Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 08:22 AM

11 posts, read 44,644 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from the Big Apple during the 1Q of 2020 and my options are Cary or Raleigh. When contemplating relocating several years ago to Cary, I was married with teen children and have since divorced and children are grown. As a single woman, I was hoping to get feedback on the best areas of Cary or Raleigh for single life (housing, social, safety).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 08:29 AM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Do you want a house with a lot, etc?
Or will a townhome or condo with less maintenance work for you?

We have some great locations with newer townhomes, if that is appealing.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:03 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,189 times
I’ve researched Raleigh a lot and visited there last year, I really liked it but one hesitation is I feel it’s mostly geared to college age people, young professionals, married couples with kids, and some retired couples, it’s very suburban. This isn’t unique to Raleigh at all, but it might be challenging socially, especially coming from a very large city. You might like the North Hills area (a little more urban-ish) and Cary is a safe area too. Of course, Not knowing your entire situation, don’t mean to discourage you, just wanted to pass along my thoughts.

Last edited by loveautumn; 06-21-2019 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: Add thought

Old 06-22-2019, 03:27 AM

45 posts, read 29,121 times
Also, be aware that there are no commuter railroads and disgusting planned roads.

I sadly miss the MTA.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I’ve researched Raleigh a lot and visited there last year, I really liked it but one hesitation is I feel it’s mostly geared to college age people, young professionals, married couples with kids, and some retired couples, it’s very suburban. This isn’t unique to Raleigh at all, but it might be challenging socially, especially coming from a very large city. You might like the North Hills area (a little more urban-ish) and Cary is a safe area too. Of course, Not knowing your entire situation, don’t mean to discourage you, just wanted to pass along my thoughts.
Thank you. I visited a few years back when I was married and actually found a house there but my ex couldn't get his job to switch him over. I will check out the North Hills area.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC TRSIDENT View Post
Also, be aware that there are no commuter railroads and disgusting planned roads.

I sadly miss the MTA.
LOL, thank you. I'm sick of the MTA. My daily commute should be 35 minutes door to door. It has taken me 1.5 hours to get to work and sometimes even longer.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do you want a house with a lot, etc?
Or will a townhome or condo with less maintenance work for you?

We have some great locations with newer townhomes, if that is appealing.
Thank you, I'd rather rent for a while to get a feel of the areas.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:00 PM

43,278 posts, read 77,083,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhusbands View Post
Thank you, I'd rather rent for a while to get a feel of the areas.
That is great strategy. Learn your way around before putting down roots.
Same question, though.
Would you prefer an apartment, condo, townhome, single family home?

These often tend to be in different areas of Cary and Raleigh.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
how long have you lived in NYC/the greater area?

what do you like to do in your free time?

where will you be working, in a geographic generality if you don't wish to be failry specific?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary