Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM

44 posts, read 145,120 times

Advertisements

We are seriously considering moving to NC, we're looking at the Clayton and surrounding areas.... we homeschool, have 2 teenagers, and my husband is a retired fire fighter..... are there any suggestions for areas to look at? Our housing budget is about $300,000. We're looking for a good neighborhood and a church with a strong youth program. My husband will also be looking for a job, so we would definitely need to be in an area that has job opportunities

I'm new to this..... thanks for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker144 View Post
We are seriously considering moving to NC, we're looking at the Clayton and surrounding areas.... we homeschool, have 2 teenagers, and my husband is a retired fire fighter..... are there any suggestions for areas to look at? Our housing budget is about $300,000. We're looking for a good neighborhood and a church with a strong youth program. My husband will also be looking for a job, so we would definitely need to be in an area that has job opportunities

I'm new to this..... thanks for any info
What type of work would your husband be looking for?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM

he has some construction experience, before his career as a firefighter, other than that, he would be interested in whatever is available, he's even applied here at home depot. No college degree, but he is a responsible, hard working man who can be depended on.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Pretty much any neighborhood is in your range in Clayton. There are some very nice ones too!

As far as church, I believe C3 might be what you are looking for. (Cleveland Community Church). I personally dont attend, but I know its a big church with alot of members. Everywhere you turn, someone has a C3 sticker on their car so it must be popular. You can google it to find more info.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:29 AM

218 posts, read 1,462,399 times
Not trying to be rude, as it may be a simple typo....but it is johnston not johnson.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 AM

190 posts, read 574,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Pretty much any neighborhood is in your range in Clayton. There are some very nice ones too!

As far as church, I believe C3 might be what you are looking for. (Cleveland Community Church). I personally dont attend, but I know its a big church with alot of members. Everywhere you turn, someone has a C3 sticker on their car so it must be popular. You can google it to find more info.
My aunt & uncle and their kids have gone there for (I think) the last 4 years (since before the big church was finished, at any rate) and all I've ever heard from them was rave reviews about how awesome the church, fellowship, and pretty much everything related to C3 is.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Default Johnston Cty

Thanks for the info on C3 church, I will check it out - we are hoping to visit the area this month, any good neighborhoods we shouldn't miss?

Are there any other areas to check out while we are down there?

Thanks for the help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary