Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 12:51 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
Our kitchen is in remodeling stage, and we've gotten some take-out food lately. We tried a sampler dinner of some sort and some sides from Jasmin & Olivz. We are new in this neighborhood and assumed they were recently opened. I found it to be pretty decent Middle Eastern food. We also tried Sunday lunch after church at Zoe's (next to Chopt on Falls of Neuse by Spring Forest.) It's a fast casual chain and we were pleasantly surprised by the overall quality and value / price ratio.
Have you tried Sassool? That's my favorite Middle Eastern place around here (Med Deli in Chapel Hill is the winner but here in Raleigh). There's a location near Six Forks & Strickland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 02:26 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
I need to try Jasmin & Olivz now that I know what they serve. My favorite for Mediterranean is Aladdin's.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:36 AM

845 posts, read 1,687,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Have you tried Sassool? That's my favorite Middle Eastern place around here (Med Deli in Chapel Hill is the winner but here in Raleigh). There's a location near Six Forks & Strickland
and FareblueNC said
Quote:
I need to try Jasmin & Olivz now that I know what they serve. My favorite for Mediterranean is Aladdin's.
I have not yet tried either, but the CTO at my firm is Lebanese (lived there until he came to the US for college.) Sasool and Aladdin's are his favorites locally for Middle Eastern food. Jasmin & Olivz and Zoe's are, literally, a 3 to 5 minute drive from our new house. For ease of access they are tops! (for us)

Last edited by phaelon56; 08-22-2018 at 10:45 AM..

Old 08-22-2018, 11:09 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
I think Aladdin's is way better than Jasmin (but like Sassool over Aladdin's). Jasmin's is good if you are in close proximity to one - I wouldn't drive across town to eat there.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:19 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
+1 for Aladdin's, plus they are really nice people, plus I think they can really use the business (in North Hills). Their portions are quite generous.

Plus they have sinful desserts.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM

We came here from Syracuse NY. There was an Aladdin's in the "collegetown" strip near SU for years, but it's long gone. Last time I visited Ithaca, there was still a location just off the Cornell campus that was doing okay. We definitely plan on trying Sassoul. MY wife is currently avoiding anything with gluten to see if it alleviates a few symptoms she has. Levant Bistro is great for that, as all items are gluten free. We enjoy the food and atmosphere there, but it's a bit pricey for what you get,. and the coffee is abysmal. WE just have coffee at home after the meal, or go next door to Jubala - which does a terrific job with coffee.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:08 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaelon56 View Post
We came here from Syracuse NY. There was an Aladdin's in the "collegetown" strip near SU for years, but it's long gone. Last time I visited Ithaca, there was still a location just off the Cornell campus that was doing okay.
The Alladins here (acually, Alladins Eatery) is a franchise chain. No location in NY state.

I also like them - more than most fast casual. Except for take out. By the time the meat gets home, it's dry as dust. Which is a shame because the one here in BC is on uber eats and other food delivery services.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:22 AM

Hmmm... must be non-franchise locations? Both the now defunct Syracuse and still thriving Ithaca NY locations are under the name Aladdin's Natural Eatery. Of course, if they had legally protected that name in NY State before the franchise came along, then they are allowed to keep using it.

Welcome to Aladdins Natural Eatery

Old 08-23-2018, 11:26 AM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
Aladdin's is base out of Ohio. I guess it's different, because it's called Aladdin's Eatery, not Aladdin's Natural Eatery.

Old 08-23-2018, 01:58 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Alpaca, Morrisville.

Peruvian Chicken Salad for lunch.

It was ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary