Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
$5 for two shrimp bao sandwiches are a total steal at Tonbo Ramen in Downtown Raleigh just be prepare to wait for your order. They're really good btw.
If anyone ever sees Triangle Restaurant Week come up again in a few months, get over to Capital Grille at North Hills for $15 lunch - had a clam chowder, cheeseburger/truffle fries and cheesecake that put me in a food coma last Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 11:39 AM

286 posts, read 685,142 times
I recently discovered The Tamale Factory and Tequila Bar in Durham. I've been going about once a week for the last month. The tamales are phenomenal but my favorite dish right now is the pork belly taco. If you go, make sure to try the plantain appetizer.

-Amy

Old 08-16-2018, 11:46 AM

644 posts, read 841,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch today - $5 restaurant week special (also went to Manhattan Cafe downtown for lunch earlier in the week for their salads)
Could you send me a link to this restaurant week? Usually, restaurant week has the more pricey albeit fancy options which I normally do not indulge in.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiho View Post
Could you send me a link to this restaurant week? Usually, restaurant week has the more pricey albeit fancy options which I normally do not indulge in.
Restaurants & Menus / Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week / August 13-19, 2018

One of the worst webpage designs I've seen in a while but you need to click on the price tag next to the restaurant to see the menu for that price.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
If anyone ever sees Triangle Restaurant Week come up again in a few months, get over to Capital Grille at North Hills for $15 lunch - had a clam chowder, cheeseburger/truffle fries and cheesecake that put me in a food coma last Friday.

I'll remember that for next year:

the link you sent was actually for "Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week", which ends on Saturday Aug 19. Sadly, Capital Grille is not included, but there are some lunch options.

Link for the "Triangle Restaurant Week" that has already passed for 2018: https://www.trirestaurantweek.com/

And the "North Hills Restaurant Week" that has already passed (I think this was it's first year): North Hills Restaurant Week - North Hills

Why the heck they don't spread these things around during the year I'll never understand. . .

Old 08-16-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'll remember that for next year:

the link you sent was actually for "Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week", which ends on Saturday Aug 19. Sadly, Capital Grille is not included, but there are some lunch options.

Link for the "Triangle Restaurant Week" that has already passed for 2018: https://www.trirestaurantweek.com/

And the "North Hills Restaurant Week" that has already passed (I think this was it's first year): North Hills Restaurant Week - North Hills

Why the heck they don't spread these things around during the year I'll never understand. . .
The person who asked for the link asked about Mellow Mushroom - which is this week during Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week

Yeah I'm just as confused as you are.......haha

Old 08-16-2018, 01:54 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
I'm OBSESSED with Viva Chicken in North Hills. I've basically been once a week since they opened. The fried rice is surprisingly excellent, as well as all of their sauces.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
I'm OBSESSED with Viva Chicken in North Hills. I've basically been once a week since they opened. The fried rice is surprisingly excellent, as well as all of their sauces.
I haven't been to the North Hills one but it is my #1 destination whenever I go to Charlotte!

Old 08-16-2018, 02:28 PM

1,228 posts, read 796,359 times
Ajisai in Cameron Village. Awesome sashimi makes me happy. I left today quite the happy fatty tuna. Ask for the real, fresh, wasabi. It’s a nice touch to a great lunch. As a bit of trivia, the restaurant name means hydrangea in Japanese.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:31 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Ruckus.
Morrisville.
Good house salad for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary