Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 06:27 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, lock your cars and use your garage for parking cars. Easy peasy problem solved.

Check the PD reports; many show apartment/townhome communities with parking lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 06:34 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
And, NextDoor is full of stupid posts like:

"Will be away Aug 22-29, need a poodle-sitter."
Yup. Unreal.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:38 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It was a closed page. You had to be a homeowner to be added to the group.
That may offer a very superficial level of protection, but considering how much energy certain thieves use on getting around things like this, it's a thin level of protection. The best thing is to keep personal information that you wouldn't want broadcasted to yourself.

What if one of the homeowners, or a friend/family member of a homeowner, has a drug problem (that doesn't always discriminate on how nice the neighborhood looks), is looking for quick cash, and comes across this information? I hate when honest people get ripped off by dishonest people who haven't worked to earn what they're stealing, but sadly this kind of thing happens, and sadly it's not always someone far, far away who is dishonest. It's best to not have a false sense of security.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:50 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
That may offer a very superficial level of protection, but considering how much energy certain thieves use on getting around things like this, it's a thin level of protection. The best thing is to keep personal information that you wouldn't want broadcasted to yourself.

What if one of the homeowners, or a friend/family member of a homeowner, has a drug problem (that doesn't always discriminate on how nice the neighborhood looks), is looking for quick cash, and comes across this information? I hate when honest people get ripped off by dishonest people who haven't worked to earn what they're stealing, but sadly this kind of thing happens, and sadly it's not always someone far, far away who is dishonest. It's best to not have a false sense of security.

Hey, no need to convince me. I lock my car doors.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:58 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Hey, no need to convince me. I lock my car doors.
Point well taken.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:12 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Check the PD reports; many show apartment/townhome communities with parking lots.
True, and it definitely sucks for them as they have no choice, but also plenty of people leaving their unlocked cars sitting in their driveway while they utilize their garage for piles of stuff they don’t use or need.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:17 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
It is bewildering to me that people will park their expensive $20,000-$30,000+ cars outside in the elements and prone to breakins and damage. Plus it would just suck having to walk in the rain or heat/cold just to get into your car. I paid extra for a garage I want to use it!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:21 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
It is bewildering to me that people will park their expensive $20,000-$30,000+ cars outside in the elements and prone to breakins and damage. Plus it would just suck having to walk in the rain or heat/cold just to get into your car. I paid extra for a garage I want to use it!
It is weird as hell that people with a garage will pack it full of crap they rarely use and leave a car worth tens of thousands sitting unlocked in the driveway or on the street.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:23 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It is weird as hell that people with a garage will pack it full of crap they rarely use and leave a car worth tens of thousands sitting unlocked in the driveway or on the street.
..and get into a 500 degree car every time they want to leave the house.

People have too much crap.

Old 08-23-2018, 04:42 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I see that more often than notI have one car in mine, but soon I'll have two in there. I need to do a little more organizing after recently moving here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary