Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Not so much as why do people drive their kids to school, by why they hell do they line up for pick-up up to 1.5 hrs in advance?
I'm guessing because there are after-school activities they need to get to quickly after school ends. But that is speculation, as I don't do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Not so much as why do people drive their kids to school, by why they hell do they line up for pick-up up to 1.5 hrs in advance?
I have never done carpool for pick up but this blows my mind. I would see people line up an hour and fifteen minutes before dismissal and they would bring lawn chairs to sit and hang out while they wait.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:41 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
How is that even allowed? I mean if anybody but a stay at home Mom in a minivan or Suburban showed up and camped out on school property in a lawn chair for 1.5 hours, I don't think it would go so well.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM

Looks like they got no changes in Draft 2.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:03 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Looks like they got no changes in Draft 2.
It is pending their review of the points that parents brought up on the forums (ie brand new neighborhoods north and east of Davis Drive are being moved to Davis Drive MS from the WCMS base when WCPSS is arguing they are moving people from east to west....and why are they moving neighborhoods into DDMS at all when they say it's overcrowded).

Out of all the changes they are proposing, the DDMS to ECMS parents have the greatest chance of a change....I just watched the board meeting and I'm thinking all the other complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It is pending their review of the points that parents brought up on the forums (ie brand new neighborhoods north and east of Davis Drive are being moved to Davis Drive MS from the WCMS base when WCPSS is arguing they are moving people from east to west....and why are they moving neighborhoods into DDMS at all when they say it's overcrowded).
The exact wording:

Quote:
Other considerations
We have received a good deal of feedback online regarding some of the proposed changes.

We are not recommending any additional changes at this time, but our staff is continuing to review information regarding proposed assignments from Davis Drive Middle to East Cary Middle and from Mills Park Elementary and Middle to Carpenter Elementary and Alston Ridge Middle (Cameron Pond neighborhood.)
Sounds to me like they're just trying to prevent chaos from angry parents. That's the vibe I get at least.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:

Out of all the changes they are proposing, the DDMS to ECMS parents have the greatest chance of a change....I just watched the board meeting and I'm thinking all the other complaints are falling on deaf ears.
After watching some of the work session, I agree with you. Sounds like they just didn't have enough time prior to draft 2 to really look at it.

Last edited by m378; 09-18-2018 at 06:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
The Cameron Pond people are out of luck. They need to move kids out of the MP base and as we discussed here, all this talk of the greenway is great but no one can be forced to use it and they still have to provide a bus under the law.

It was also discussed how Mills Park schools were built to be year round and prior boards dropped the ball not enforcing that.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:39 PM

580 posts, read 712,123 times
Quote:

One can hope!
I was at the Board Meeting tonight.

Old 10-30-2018, 03:50 PM

Looks like Cameron Pond didn't get what they wanted. Can't wait for the lawsuit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary