Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:59 PM

21 posts, read 72,003 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to post another question on hair salons but I didn't find an answer to my question in any older threads. I'm looking for a stylist that is very good with short haircuts with people that are "blessed" with hair like mine- baby fine. I've been in the area awhile and have had some bad experiences even with some of the salons that got great reviews over at City Search. I'm not talking about a short and spikey 'do (not a good look on me), just a nice contemporary style. I live in Cary but like most people will travel to anywhere in the area for that Holy Grail of a good stylist. Thank you for any input, I really value this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 02:25 PM

321 posts, read 1,573,301 times
My hair used to be short but my stylist is helping me grow it out. Anyway, she is wonderful with short hair. Mine is fine blonde hair but there's lots of it! Emily at Salon Kroma in the plaza at Kildaire Farm Rd and Tryon Rd where the Wal Mart and Harris Teeter is. They are Toni&Guy trained stylists (if that means anything to you?!) and she is particularly good with short hair.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:39 PM

718 posts, read 2,964,763 times
I use Megan at Salon Suzanne Marie in Apex off Hwy 55(Harris Teeter shopping center) and she is great with short hair.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM

551 posts, read 2,281,066 times
I have a great stylist that does both mine and my mom's hair. Mine is anything but short and fine, but my mom's definitely is and she thinks this is the best stylist she has ever had. I really like her because she will listen to you about what your issues are, has lots of suggestions, but ultimately does whatever you ask her to. I don't like stylists that do what THEY want to instead of what YOU want them to.

This stylist has a salon attached to her home in Cary (a real, inspected, licensed one - not cutting hair in the garage). DM me if you would like her name and phone number.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,842,911 times
I have heard Altered Image in Durham is a great place for hair. My friend gets her hair done there and just let the guys do what they want and she always looks amazing.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 PM

120 posts, read 756,341 times
David at d.b. sutton in Chapel Hill. He's got quite a reputation for his pixie cuts.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,965,880 times
You know, I actually ventured out last weekend and visited the Aveda hair salon in Chapel Hill. I admit, I was very cautious, especially after having to sign a waver acknowledging it was a student who was goign to cut my hair.

I actually LOVED the girl I got! She was very professional, paid extreme attention to detail and I have never had such an amazing cut. I got a cut & color for $62. Another girl cut my daughters hair and she was equally as amazing.

If you are a risk taker like me, its worth it. Plus you get a free mini-facial which was very nice!

I do not recommend Color Day Spa in Morrisville....the owner is very professional, however, I found the female stylists far beyond professional..two thumbs down.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:12 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,676,798 times
My wife just started going to Blo in Brier Creek and her and her mom love it. They both went to Theresa they said. My wife highly recommends her. She said she had been looking for years as well and finally found the one. Good luck

Old 04-06-2008, 11:08 PM

31 posts, read 110,670 times
Jeanne at the Carmen Carmen salon in the Belk at Streets of Southpoint is fabulous. She is a great hair dresser and a terrific person.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 AM

600 posts, read 3,440,161 times
Bobby B. at Tanas in Cary is a much sought after stylist. I'm a guy, but I was referred to him by some women friends whose hair styles always look gorgeous.

Streamer1212
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary