Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 02:19 PM

26 posts, read 27,650 times

Advertisements

With regards to the signal work the Town of Cary refers to, I expect it is related to the actual RR crossing. I was referring to the intersection of Little Rd and Louis Stephens Drive, where traffic signal towers/arms have been in place for years, waiting for the completion in both the direction of O'Kelly Chapel Road, and towards 540/Breckenridge sub-division (still a future project). For now, it appears they have that intersection set up to open as a 3-way stop. Unless they are expecting very little traffic through that intersection, that seems to be setting up an opportunity for accidents and back-ups.

There were about 10 folks out in the intersection when I passed through today....not working, 'inspecting/evaluating'. I'll remain hopeful there's a plan to signalize the intersection, especially with the elementary school under construction between there and Davis Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 02:53 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,988,329 times
Ah, sorry...misunderstood your comment about the signals. I don't think the ones at O'Kelly/Little/Louis Stephens are supposed to go in until the Louis Stephens extension is connected up. Will be interesting to see how the traffic volumes are through there in the interim.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:07 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Got an email from TOC this morning that the O'Kelley Chapel RR crossing is open.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:32 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Got an email from TOC this morning that the O'Kelley Chapel RR crossing is open.
That is the most oddly designed shopping center. With that new crossing it is almost like a freeway running through the middle. I would have thought the ultimate vision was to be able to walk to Harris Teeter from the apartments but there is no way I would want to cross that road on foot. I do agree with adding the crossing I just think the design of that shopping center is odd.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
yeah, I find the Bradford in Cary really annoying to drive through but it's definitely set up to be user friendly to the people who live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary