Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 PM

21 posts, read 65,961 times

Advertisements

I've been wanting to get out of New York for as long as I can remember. I realize that driving is not an issue for most people but I have a medical condition that prohibits me from driving, sometimes for very long periods of time. I found this website (http://www.walkscore.com/) which rates an area for walkability to shops and was thrilled to learn that the townhomes at Falls River rate even better than where I live now in New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 02:36 PM

906 posts, read 2,381,852 times
Falls River's fees do not include the pool. When we lived in FR 4 years ago, monthly HOA fees were around $36/month and then the pool was about $70/month. Bedford's fees are around $70/mo (If I remember correctly) and include the pool.

I greatly prefer Falls River's pool and clubhouse over Bedford's and the extra $$ per month would be worth it to me.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM

8 posts, read 34,683 times
Default Diverse?

We moved here (live in S. Wake Co.) from a diverse community in MD a few years ago. I'm originally from a diverse community in Raleigh, but left back in the 90's. We are looking to move within the year to an area in N. Raleigh and really liked Bedford and FR mostly b/c of the amenities. IYHO, would you consider Bedford and Falls River diverse? We tremendously enjoyed having our children experience the richness of a community with different ethnicities, races, ages, etc.

Thanks for your input.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:53 AM

906 posts, read 2,381,852 times
Its not super diverse, but its not bad. We lived in an older neighborhood back in IL and I really miss having older neighbors. Bedford does have a good number of retirees, but since the neighborhood is divided into the different housing sections, we rarely see them unless we are at a neighborhood function. I've noticed that in both neighborhoods the housing types can dictate who lives where. Families with kids in school seem to live in certain areas while singles/childfree/retirees may live in another. The latter might not need or want a 3000 sq ft house with a big yard.

I would say that Bedford and Falls River are mostly white, but there are still plenty of minority families and I don't feel like my kids are completely isolated from the real world here. Besides the retirees, Bedford has a fairly active Jewish group in the neighborhood that opens its functions and dinners to everybody.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 AM

8 posts, read 34,683 times
Thanks, raleighjayne. We will definitely keep looking in that area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary