Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM

7 posts, read 21,855 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to NC pretty soon and looking to open a child day care center. I want to know the areas that are in great need for such services i.e booming counties with young families and child day care centers with waiting lists if possible.
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
The insurance will eat you alive.

If you do it, incorporate for protection against lawsuits.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 13,279 times
Hi, I can tell you that Fuquay Varina, Holly Springs and Apex are REALLY growing.. Might be a good area to look at..

Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 AM

153 posts, read 459,971 times
In Holly Springs, childcare centers are popping up like weeds! We just got 3 new ones within a 1 block radius in the last yr. Goddard is one, plus 2 more. Not to mention that there was already Holly Springs Learning Center in that same area. I have to wonder if they can actually fill them up? There are so many stay at home moms in the area....

Old 04-09-2008, 10:07 AM

321 posts, read 1,577,066 times
Areas around the big employers too. Say RTP, Duke, UNC and NC State. Always a need for day cares there.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncitgal View Post
In Holly Springs, childcare centers are popping up like weeds! We just got 3 new ones within a 1 block radius in the last yr. Goddard is one, plus 2 more. Not to mention that there was already Holly Springs Learning Center in that same area. I have to wonder if they can actually fill them up? There are so many stay at home moms in the area....
There's so many stay at home moms because we can't afford the prices of day care and work too! Plus with the need to pick up school children due to the mess -- so yes there is a need for the daycares throughout (I know many that have waiting lists). Some features that are liked in the ones around here are the vans that pick up schoolage kids and bring them to the daycare for "wrap-around/after school" care. track out programs are big too. and of course any that helps kids get ready for kindergarten is a plus. but i know that price is always top priority.

congrats on the move and welcome

Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,564 times
Question another childcare/babysitter option

I saw all the response in this thread and decided to ask another question...I am a new mommie of a 6 month old and am really disappointed about the future babysitting prospects in my area. I know there are websites like sittercity.com, but I wanted something that was more personal. a network of babysitters that are actual stay at home moms wanting to make a little extra on the side by offering babysitting options to working moms...a kind of mom to mom network...do any of you know if something like that exists around here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary