Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:00 PM

120 posts, read 97,623 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your opinions! I made my decision...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 01:07 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,438,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdreamer View Post
Thats true, thats how I feel with multiple offers situations....
It's a silent auction. You bid what it's worth to you. The hot market has distorted the market currently. Wait a bit and you'll see more inventory and much less pressure to make a deal quickly. If you don't like the house, don't buy it.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:18 PM

5,321 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
I am still using the same agent and she is very good agent as I said earlier. I just like to get second and third opinions before making a decision...
Nobody on this forum is going to give you better advice than your agent. Even the agents on this forum are limited because they do not know the specific property you're looking at.

Either you trust your agent or you don't.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Yeah, you are right, there are plenty of houses on the market and some of them sit for months. I was just wondering should I get myself even in this multiple offer situation. I liked the house, but I dont think I liked it enough to overpay for it, especially when you dont know how much the other buyers put down...
Mike J gave the only universally true answer. That is to bid what you think the house is worth. I'm not a real estate agent, but I do know economics.

Should you get yourself into this? Sure, offer what you think it's worth. If they accept, you got a deal you can live with, if they don't, you weren't going to get it (at that price) anyway. They won't spend a lot of time entertaining an offer that is way off of what they are willing to sell for.

Again, in any transaction, it is worth what you are willing to pay. That is all.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:42 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
From all the houses I saw, there was only one house that I really really liked, but couple hours after I saw it went contingent, couldnt even put an offer on it, it went so fast
Right...

That's usually how it works. Hence the irony in your trying to air everything out via an internet board of strangers.

If you see a house you really, really love.....chances are many other buyers will also really really love it and want to put an offer in. And chances are the ones who are going to get it are the ones who are confident in their choice and utilize the guidance given by an agent they trust.

The folks who second-guess everything and seek affirmation from everyone they know and a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.......are probably not getting house they really want any time soon.

I tell everyone I work with....the most important thing is that you are happy with the home you've purchased and with what you've paid. If you are that anxious about it that you continue to second-guess your agent and yourself.....you probably aren't ready to buy.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:46 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Mike J gave the only universally true answer. That is to bid what you think the house is worth. I'm not a real estate agent, but I do know economics.

Should you get yourself into this? Sure, offer what you think it's worth. If they accept, you got a deal you can live with, if they don't, you weren't going to get it (at that price) anyway. They won't spend a lot of time entertaining an offer that is way off of what they are willing to sell for.

Again, in any transaction, it is worth what you are willing to pay. That is all.
Yup. One has to decide if they are buying real estate, or buying a deal. Focusing on list price over value is symptomatic of buying a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Right...

That's usually how it works. Hence the irony in your trying to air everything out via an internet board of strangers.

If you see a house you really, really love.....chances are many other buyers will also really really love it and want to put an offer in. And chances are the ones who are going to get it are the ones who utilize the guidance given by an agent they trust. The folks who second-guess everything and seek affirmation on an internet forum.....most likely aren't getting the house they want any time soon.
Buyers buy. Ditherers dither.

In any market, a property that sits for a long time just too often suddenly goes under contract while another buyer scratches his/her head and says, "What happened?"
Of course, in a hot market, 5 or 6 days may be "a long time."

Old 11-13-2018, 02:02 PM

120 posts, read 97,623 times
Quote:
Right...

If you see a house you really, really love.....chances are many other buyers will also really really love it and want to put an offer in. And chances are the ones who are going to get it are the ones who are confident in their choice and utilize the guidance given by an agent they trust.

The folks who second-guess everything and seek affirmation from everyone they know and a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.......are probably not getting house they really want any time soon.

I tell everyone I work with....the most important thing is that you are happy with the home you've purchased and with what you've paid. If you are that anxious about it that you continue to second-guess your agent and yourself.....you probably aren't ready to buy.
Well, when I saw that house, my agent was out of town and couldnt probably write and prepare offer that quickly anyway even if she was here. House was gone in two hours...And when I buy something big like a house I dont like to rush into it, I dont second guess my agent or myself, but since I am new in the area I need to be sure that I am making the right purchase.....And why not asking questions here about it in this forum? Obviously people here are more familiar than me with the local market and have more experience with it, especially the real estate agents....I can say that because of this bunch of strangers, I was able to make some very good decisions and I am thankful for that...

Last edited by southdreamer; 11-13-2018 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-13-2018, 02:21 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Their client is also in Minnesota.

EDIT... I see you already caught that. haha

Yeah 19k under asking in a multiple-offer situation ain't happening in the Triangle.

If something sells for 19k below list price it's because it was over-priced by $19k.
I've seen many houses > $800K sell for 20K off list in a multiple offer situation. Usually magic strikes about 90 days or later in, but still ...

Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
Yes. Winter is coming.
"sun's getting pretty low, big guy."

Old 11-13-2018, 02:24 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Well, when I saw that house, my agent was out of town and couldnt probably write and prepare offer that quickly anyway even if she was here. House was gone in two hours...And when I buy something big like a house I dont like to rush into it, I dont second guess my agent or myself, but since I am new in the area I need to be sure that I am making the right purchase.....And why not asking questions here about it in this forum? Obviously people here are more familiar than me with the local market and have more experience with it, especially the real estate agents....I can say that because of this bunch of strangers, I was able to make some very good decisions and I am thankful for that...
You agent should have been the one alerting you that the house just entered the market, and urging you to go see it quickly.

Your agent sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary