Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,591 times

Advertisements

Our team at work needs a suggestion for holiday team luncheon next week, preferably around RTP (Brier Creek or Southpoint could work). Also a private or semi-private room or space would be ideal.

We've dined at Angus Barn, Brasa, Capital Chop House, and Page Road Grill before so those are out.

Some other suggestions:
Maggianos
Carolina Ale House
Mez
Cheesecake Factory

Would appreciate any others!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 06:26 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Not for nothing but it's going to be mighty difficult to secure a private or semi private room when others have already planned and reserved. Maybe not impossible but I just don't see it happening.

Probably better to just focus on a restaurant that can accommodate large groups.

One suggestion to add to your list is Hickory Tavern. They do have a semi-private room from what I recall.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:44 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
We had an event at Luganos last night.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:25 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Not for nothing but it's going to be mighty difficult to secure a private or semi private room when others have already planned and reserved. Maybe not impossible but I just don't see it happening.

Probably better to just focus on a restaurant that can accommodate large groups.
Yeah I agree. I used to be on our companies social planning committee and we'd book locations for stuff during holidays about 9 months in advance to lock it down. However that was for quite a bit larger of a group than I'm guessing you're asking about.

Mez is always good though. I'll throw another vote in the hat for Hickory Tavern.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:34 AM

112 posts, read 180,839 times
I would think Maggianos would work well at Southpoint. They probably aren't super busy for a weekday lunch. Our office has done Cheesecake a couple times before also, and they also weren't real busy on a weekday lunch. Both the places are large. You could also try the new Uncle Julios at SouthPoint, it is new so might not be busy yet?

Really depends on how many people we are talking about. Any of those couple accommodate probably 10-15 easily, you start to get 20+ it will get dicey.

We like Cheesecake factory because the of the large menu, something for everyone.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:00 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,223 times
I’m not sure if they have a private space but we had team lunches at Firebirds (Southpoint) and Tribeca Tavern (High House and Davis) with groups of 10 people and both were nice.

How large is your group? Also - any food restrictions? We have several vegetarians, so that limits choices.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I'd try Maggianos. I've had stuff there with teams. Some in private rooms, some with a large table setup. They are usually pretty accommodating.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:59 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
We use a private room at Maggianos every year.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:59 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Our team at work needs a suggestion for holiday team luncheon next week, preferably around RTP (Brier Creek or Southpoint could work). Also a private or semi-private room or space would be ideal.

We've dined at Angus Barn, Brasa, Capital Chop House, and Page Road Grill before so those are out.

Some other suggestions:
Maggianos
Carolina Ale House
Mez
Cheesecake Factory

Would appreciate any others!
You could do Shiki Sushi or Ruth Chris If you are going to consider Southpoint.

PF Chang’s at Southpoint could be an option, but no private room was mentioned (although the one at Crabtree mentioned having one). The same goes for Bonefish.

Depending on where you are in RTP, you could also consider some of the options at Park West. They have Firebirds (so does Southpoint), Chili’s (ditto Southpoint) and a couple of other options that way. Same goes for Harrison Ave in Cary which has a couple of dine-in options.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:47 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
You could do Shiki Sushi or Ruth Chris If you are going to consider Southpoint.

PF Chang’s at Southpoint could be an option, but no private room was mentioned (although the one at Crabtree mentioned having one). The same goes for Bonefish.

Depending on where you are in RTP, you could also consider some of the options at Park West. They have Firebirds (so does Southpoint), Chili’s (ditto Southpoint) and a couple of other options that way. Same goes for Harrison Ave in Cary which has a couple of dine-in options.

I arranged office parties and luncheons for all kinds of occasions for years (albeit in Phoenix).

Ruth Cris does not do lunch.
PF Chang's and ShikiSushi would be a risky choice. Any Asian restaurant would be a risky choice for a group.
I don't think the Bonefish does lunch at Southpoint. I do think one in Cary does lunch.
Chili's - not really celebratory.
Firebirds is a good suggestion.

In addition to outside functions, I used to arrange for dinners in the office during tax season. We tried to keep the staff working by feeding them dinner. I could nearly guarantee 100% would stay if I ordered Maggiano's. No other type of food or restaurant was nearly that successful. (PS - Pizza was the second most successful, depending on where I ordered it, then Mexican, then Chinese. I did sandwiches once, and had to promise not to do it again.) Maggiano's would almost certainly be my pick if I could still get reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary