U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 07:37 PM

2,579 posts, read 8,668,588 times

Advertisements

It looks like we might be moving to Durham quite soon now. I already know who I'm planning to use as my seller's agent here in Raleigh - a full-service agent, however she is not well-versed in Durham's market so I'll be looking for someone else to represent me as a buyer there.

Has anyone had experience using My Dog Tess Realty as a buyers agent? I'm intrigued by their 1% rebate to the buyers at closing but wonder if their buyers services are truly in line with those of some of the larger non-discount agencies.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-07-2008, 05:39 AM

5,592 posts, read 16,639,862 times
We used MDT and were very satisfied.

This was my third house purchase, so I was comfortable with the home-buying process. I also had access to lots of information and data on the web (e.g., MLS listings, Google Maps, County real estate and tax records, etc), so I felt comfortable with my ability to research the area as well. We rented for 9 months before buying to allow us to get familiar with the triangle area.

I selected MDT because of their 1% discount and specifically requested their agent who was a former engineer. Since I am also an engineer, I found it much easier for me to talk to the agent (just the facts, maam ). The 1% discount allowed us to buy a brand new zero-turn lawn tractor for me and a brand new stainless-steel French-door fridge for my wife.

I'd use them again as my buyer's agent.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 AM

351 posts, read 1,146,600 times
We also used MDT and were very very happy. We actually left a full-service agent because he was not working for us and got much better service with our MDT agent. PM me if you want his name. I don't know if I could put it here.
He really worked for us, was even keeled and pointed out a lot of things a home inspector would. For us, the discount was just icing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.