Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 12:15 PM

43,320 posts, read 77,165,481 times

Advertisements

TSA is doing precheck screening in the mobile unit at AAA Car Care, corner of Ryan Road and Walnut Street in Cary.
There today, through noon Friday, with an hour off for lunch.

I went in today. No appointment, in and out in about 25 minutes. I had done my registration on line.

https://maps.raleighnc.gov/imaps/?pin=0763875598
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 12:18 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,186,602 times
Do you know if they are doing global entry interviews too?

I had to do mine when I flew back from Paris in Newark and it took forever. I was surprised there are no locations to do the global entry interview in NC. The closest location is DC.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post

I had to do mine when I flew back from Paris in Newark and it took forever. I was surprised there are no locations to do the global entry interview in NC. The closest location is DC.
I didn't ask. Sorry.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:30 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,705,101 times
Quote:

There is a Global Entry Enrollment Center at Charlotte-Douglas, located in the international arrivals baggage claim area. It is possible all available appointments were taken though and the online schedule didn't let you book at that location to stay in NC.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...north-carolina

Old 12-19-2018, 12:52 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,388,775 times
Thats a lot of acronyms for one title, lol!

Old 12-19-2018, 12:55 PM

9,146 posts, read 14,775,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
There is a Global Entry Enrollment Center at Charlotte-Douglas, located in the international arrivals baggage claim area. It is possible all available appointments were taken though and the online schedule didn't let you book at that location to stay in NC.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...north-carolina
They do occasionally even do them at RDU. The kicker is they don’t announce them very far ahead, so you have to already be through the first stage and conditionally approved to set your appointment, so if someone is not in a rush, go ahead and start the process and wait until they announce it here.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Thats a lot of acronyms for one title, lol!

"I meant to do that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMDQW9CNvgw

Old 12-19-2018, 03:02 PM

464 posts, read 1,044,401 times
Quote:

I was surprised there are no locations to do the global entry interview in NC. The closest location is DC.
They definitely do GE interviews in CLT as that's where we went to do ours. We were in and out before the free parking was up. Just sucked having to drive that far. As was reported though, RDU does have some interview events but they do not staff a full time crew here.

Keep checking the interview calendar after you are conditionally approved and you might be surprised.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:59 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,186,602 times
I got approved in September, but Charlotte definitely wasn’t an option when I was conditionally approved over the summer. Maybe it’s just something they do part of the year. I know they occasionally do them at RDU, but it isn’t well advertised. Hoping to get my husband to do Global Entry too.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:10 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,462,794 times
With Mobile Passport the GE thing is kinda outdated. In fact it often takes longer to go thru GE than using mobile passport. It's biggest downside is the current limited availability. Although we have it here. Precheck is a must have even for the occasional traveler however. Totally worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary