Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 11:09 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,561 times

Advertisements

Was driving through Brier Chapel and damn I felt like it took forever just to get to the neighborhood lol, the entry way is long as hell but nice neighborhood and it has something I've been telling to town of cary...well asking the town of cary to add which is outdoor work out equipment(sort of like how they have in first ward park in charlotte).
Town of cary actually got back to me because my idea was to put it along bond park(speaking of bond park don't know why they got rid of the pull up bars along the trail like 2 years ago) and lake crabtree greenway. I also said in the green space where every one sleighs at during snowdays in cary should have some climbing boulders like north cary park. They basically told me while they have no plans for crabtree or adding boulders, they do plan on adding outdoor equipment to bond park sometime this year.
just on another side note, adding the bridge over lake crabtree and extending the greenway basically to aviation was such a good move for the crabtree greenway, one of my favorite trails to run/bike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 12:20 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Was driving through Brier Chapel and damn I felt like it took forever just to get to the neighborhood lol, the entry way is long as hell but nice neighborhood and it has something I've been telling to town of cary...well asking the town of cary to add which is outdoor work out equipment(sort of like how they have in first ward park in charlotte).
Town of cary actually got back to me because my idea was to put it along bond park(speaking of bond park don't know why they got rid of the pull up bars along the trail like 2 years ago) and lake crabtree greenway. I also said in the green space where every one sleighs at during snowdays in cary should have some climbing boulders like north cary park. They basically told me while they have no plans for crabtree or adding boulders, they do plan on adding outdoor equipment to bond park sometime this year.
just on another side note, adding the bridge over lake crabtree and extending the greenway basically to aviation was such a good move for the crabtree greenway, one of my favorite trails to run/bike
As much as Brier Chapel gives off a "Truman Show" vibe to me (and yes it is far as hell down 15-501 to even get to the entrance and then an eternity to from that turn-off into the actual neighborhood)....I can't help but be impressed every time I'm in there. They were definitely going for that "walk outside and get to know your neighbors" vibe and frankly they nailed it. They don't have a huge variety of floorplans but did a great job with the exterior designs so even 4 houses in a row with the same exact floorplan will look pretty different from the curb.

The pool/clubhouse is one of the nicest I've ever seen.

Still a little too out-there/insular for me to want to live there but it's a cool "model". Pick it up and move it about 5 miles North or 10 miles East and I'd be sold (the sales prices would also probably double lol).

Old 01-12-2019, 04:26 PM

2,504 posts, read 3,543,241 times
My parents lived near Ridgewood when they first moved to Raleigh, and still refer to that house all the time. Good thing my brother now lives nearby, so they have an excuse to drive by and point it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Does it still have a red roof? Somehow I haven't see it.
Google 3D aerial view https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7260.../data=!3m1!1e3
(Oooh, does this mean I can download it into SketchUp and 3D-print a tiny Red Roof House for use as a Christmas tree ornament? Perfect for Cary Town Hall's front lawn...)

1997 WRAL: https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/161642/

A related thread from 2008: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nd-cary-5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
outdoor work out equipment
"Parcourse," not to be confused with parkour.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
My parents lived near Ridgewood when they first moved to Raleigh, and still refer to that house all the time. Good thing my brother now lives nearby, so they have an excuse to drive by and point it out.

Google 3D aerial view https://www.google.com/maps/@35.7260.../data=!3m1!1e3
(Oooh, does this mean I can download it into SketchUp and 3D-print a tiny Red Roof House for use as a Christmas tree ornament? Perfect for Cary Town Hall's front lawn...)

1997 WRAL: https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/161642/

A related thread from 2008: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...nd-cary-5.html

"Parcourse," not to be confused with parkour.
I never knew it was a spec house....WOW! Bold.

Lochmere honestly wouldn't feel the same without it.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,902,638 times
I stumbled upon Madison Park in Raleigh the other day... it's a real gem. And it has seemingly aged well. Just had to post that.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:10 PM

256 posts, read 266,498 times
M378 - you say you would live in Lochmere if you didn't have kids - why? We really like the subdivision based on our research, but I am concerned about the fact that there seem to be less kids - or is it bc of the school zoning? But if it is the school zoning, I am wondering if the housing prices will continue to drop? I would really appreciate your input, thanks!!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:57 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
I like the drive down Yates Mill Road with the farms and gentle curves.

The favorites from driving around so far... Whiteheart, Wynchester, Sedgemoor, Ivory Hills, Lynnhaven, Heatherstone, Huntingwood Estates, Dutchman Downs, Meadow Ridge, and Enchanted Oaks.

Wow. I forgot about this, and we are about to close on a house in this favorites list.

This thread is good luck!

Old 04-12-2019, 05:23 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
M378 - you say you would live in Lochmere if you didn't have kids - why? We really like the subdivision based on our research, but I am concerned about the fact that there seem to be less kids - or is it bc of the school zoning? But if it is the school zoning, I am wondering if the housing prices will continue to drop? I would really appreciate your input, thanks!!
Yes, it is because of the schools. And that has led to a vicious circle of there now being less kids.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:39 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Quote:

I think it may have been discussed already in this thread but Lochmere also has kind of aged out of "lots of young school kids". My father lives there and what I seem to notice are lots of families that bought there when there kids were little. Now those kids have left the nest and the parents remain. Awesome neighborhood though- I would live there if it were more convenient to work. If you are driving into RTP for work its going to be a bear.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:39 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
School zoning. It doesn't really seem to affect pricing over there though - there's still plenty of demand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary