Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:44 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyst2 View Post
A good drinking game would be to take a sip every time someone mentions a daycare in this thread! I love all these grown adults getting their panties in a wad because they want to play the games that the kids are playing. What do you EXPECT the families to do in a family friendly brewery that has games in the side? It's the only thing that the kids can do there.

Chick-Fil-A is family friendly and has unsupervised kids all over the place and nobody is complaining about them being a "community daycare." The problem people have with this FAMILY FRIENDLY brewery is that it does not have a cordoned off area for the kids so that the entitled childless grumpy adults can have their beloved sanctuary.
As you alluded to, In Fast food places, the kids play Area is separate from the dining area. No decent parent would let their kids run around the tables, yet they do at breweries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 06:07 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,657 times
Some thing to share with your friends while at the brewery with the kids?
Yeah I know, it's off-topic a bit.

Attachment 208807

Last edited by K4GPB; 07-01-2020 at 05:52 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Kids should not be around adults while drinking and being adults. Breweries should not be used as baby sitting services.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:37 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,280 times
I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread yet, but I recalled seeing a sign on a table in a Clayton brewery a while back that had some pretty good rules about kids being in their brewery. I found an image of it on yelp --- It's the Deep River Brewing Co.

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bph...Q2f_pOhw/o.jpg

I've only been there once, and don't recall many kids being there, but these seem logical. Especially #5.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:42 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-mart77 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread yet, but I recalled seeing a sign on a table in a Clayton brewery a while back that had some pretty good rules about kids being in their brewery. I found an image of it on yelp --- It's the Deep River Brewing Co.

I've only been there once, and don't recall many kids being there, but these seem logical. Especially #5.
Agreed. Seem pretty common sense-y to me.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:21 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
How did "family friendly" become "it's okay to let your kids run wild here"?

Breweries are not a children's playground, they're not the park, they're not a daycare

I can't believe the entitlement of parents who this at these places
Well, when you say "Family Friendly" you expose yourself to the entire bell curve of parenting. That's true of a Brewery and its true of a hardware store and its true of a Chick Fil A.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:27 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,953,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Kids should not be around adults while drinking and being adults.

Does that include places like Carolina Ale House, where adults can drink while eating and catching a game on the TVs (while cheering, etc)?

Old 03-06-2019, 08:36 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-mart77 View Post

Deep River Brewing in Clayton may actually be opposite - they are a little TOO family friendly!

https://www.wral.com/more-than-a-doz...nors/18237469/

Therefore, what I normally observe is people taking their kids ages toddler to 7 or 8 to breweries, not any older.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Does that include places like Carolina Ale House, where adults can drink while eating and catching a game on the TVs (while cheering, etc)?
I think there should be a curfew for kids in the BAR AREA.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:29 PM

4,551 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
NO, it does NOT. Carolina Ale House is a restaurant (serves food), so kids and people of all ages are allowed to eat with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary