Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM

842 posts, read 2,587,826 times

Advertisements

Guys,

I am in the Raleigh/Durham area until Friday for interviews but would like to pick up a few items for my little girls; do you know of any real good discount clothing outlets in the area or nearby? I went to the CrabTree mall, but it seems to be on the expensive side. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
How old are your girls? There is an outlet mall in Morrisville near the airport, but I have to say it's not all that exciting of a place. They used to have a Carter's outlet there and you could get some pretty good deals there, but it's more for little ones!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 AM

321 posts, read 1,577,279 times
There's the outlets at Smithfield that are pretty good but it's a good hour's drive there.
Carolina Premium Outlets

Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 AM

842 posts, read 2,587,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
How old are your girls? There is an outlet mall in Morrisville near the airport, but I have to say it's not all that exciting of a place. They used to have a Carter's outlet there and you could get some pretty good deals there, but it's more for little ones!
They are 3yrs and 5+yrs old. Any ideas?

Old 04-09-2008, 08:08 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
I'd check the Carter's outlet in Morrisville for that age. They have some cute stuff. Smithfield outlets are significantly better but like a PP said, it is an hour's drive from Raleigh.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:24 AM

56 posts, read 98,887 times
I do most weekend shopping for my 4yr old at Kohls when they have early bird specials or better still, head to the 80% off clearance rack.
Goodluck

Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM

551 posts, read 2,287,431 times
I was going to say Kohl's, too, though it's not special to this area. Right now they are having their 15-30% coupon sale where you pick-up your coupon and scratch-off to reveal your discount amount.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:25 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I'd check the Carter's outlet in Morrisville for that age. They have some cute stuff. Smithfield outlets are significantly better but like a PP said, it is an hour's drive from Raleigh.
Is this the Outlet Mall near the airport?? If so, I wouldn't waste too much time looking for bargains. The "mall" is at least 50% empty - also the food court.

There has been some type of outlet mall in that area for almost 20 years. Most of the remaining stores have downsized - past season clothes, etc.

There is a SAX outlet store - even that was disappointing.

The opportunity for retailers to make $$ with there outlets stores is very real - they often produce merchandise just for their outlet stores - cutting out the retailer and expenses. The days of "seconds" are pretty much long gone.

The food court thrived until a few years ago when restaurants finally came and caught up with the growth in the area. For a while, folks working in that area had very little choices except for Wendys at lunch time.. when more places to eat came - the folks abandonded the food court. Pity.

IMO - the best deals are at Ross, Marshalls and TJ Maxx !!!!! I especially like the household things at Ross - you never know what you will fine - some of the boxes are ripped, etc. and don't quite make it to Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

Sorry to be a downer, but I wouldn't waste my time at the Airport Mall.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,189 times
Are you looking for any stores in particular? Something you don't have at home? Or just some cute little outfits from Target or something? You may want to check out Brier Creek. It's won't be as expensive as the mall.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
The Outlet Mall at the airport actually got sold about 2 years ago, and since then it has been in limbo while the new owners try to decide what to do. Meanwhile, everyone is moving out as their leases run out.

Does it have to be new clothes? You can do very well at the consignment stores like Once Upon a Child. Otherwise it becomes a matter of hitting the sales at places like Children's Place, Gap, and Gymboree (I know all three are in Cary Towne Center).

One outlet that is unique to the Triangle is Patsy Aiken. The prices they are discounting are pretty high, so I don't know how good the deals are, but they do have a sale this weekend so you might want to check that: Chez Ami Childrenswear by Patsy Aiken Designs (http://www.chezami.com/exp.ja6?file=outlet&pathcode=s8shop&sessionid=2CC1 9IWSW5656 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary