Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 12:06 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if it is still in operation and what a typical schedule looks like. I'm assuming Fridays and Saturdays but are they all-day affairs? During the day or at night?

I'm considering the area for a home purchase. I will drive around the area but wondered if you all knew the deal. Their website hasn't been updated in a while.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 12:16 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Normal series schedule is every other Friday evening from mid-April to August. There can be other events and track rentals, but I'm not terribly familiar with how it all works. I'm sure there are others here who know more.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:55 PM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
I'm wondering if it is still in operation and what a typical schedule looks like. I'm assuming Fridays and Saturdays but are they all-day affairs? During the day or at night?

I'm considering the area for a home purchase. I will drive around the area but wondered if you all knew the deal. Their website hasn't been updated in a while.

Thanks!

Here is the website - The Wake County Speedway | America's Favorite Bullring. Looks like they have a link set up for 2019 schedule, but nothing is there yet.

I can occasionally hear the cars when they are running, but they don't go long into the night. A fun place, even if you are not into mash-on-the-gas-and-turn-left stuff.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:07 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Normal series schedule is every other Friday evening from mid-April to August. There can be other events and track rentals, but I'm not terribly familiar with how it all works. I'm sure there are others here who know more.

Thanks. That doesn't sound so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Here is the website - The Wake County Speedway | America's Favorite Bullring. Looks like they have a link set up for 2019 schedule, but nothing is there yet.

I can occasionally hear the cars when they are running, but they don't go long into the night. A fun place, even if you are not into mash-on-the-gas-and-turn-left stuff.

If you're comfortable saying so, about how far are you from the track?

I don't hate car racing, I'm just thinking about quiet nights out on the back deck and what kind of noise that could entail. I know the vegetation around and time of year will also impact it.

Going to a race might be fun.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:17 PM

233 posts, read 236,386 times
Apparently this is an actual thing. I assumed this was gonna be another thread about speeders on the beltline

Old 02-25-2019, 10:12 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
I live near Woodland Rd in Garner and we can hear the races on our back deck every Friday all summer. We are about 2 miles away. They do not go late into the night. Usually wrapped up by 10:30'ish.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:37 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Upon seeing this title I thought it was going to be a thread referencing the prevalence of speeding on Cary Parkway....

I was today years old when I learned that there was an actual Wake County Speedway. Is that the place where they do fireworks on the state fair grounds for 4th of July?

Old 02-25-2019, 11:05 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I was today years old when I learned that there was an actual Wake County Speedway. Is that the place where they do fireworks on the state fair grounds for 4th of July?
No, it's just off 401 a little west of Garner. On Simpkins Rd...named for the speedway founders.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 PM

776 posts, read 955,145 times
According to the Wake County Speedway website, the track opened in 1962 ( 57 years ago ) so its been there longer than many of the more recently constructed houses . It was originally a dirt oval that was one third of a mile. It was paved and had the banking increased to about 15 degrees in the corners.

Friday nights, racing begins at 6 pm. All classes require mufflers, that reduce sound by 35 percent, to a level of 80 decibels at 50 feet from the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary