Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM

4 posts, read 17,500 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Yes, I'm ANOTHER Northerner who's moving to NC! Our house actually went up for sale today.
Anyway, I have a question about Apex. We have visited Apex before and we really like it. But we're not sure about where exactly to buy a house in Apex. Are there different areas of Apex? I noticed some houses are cheaper then others. I'm just worried we'll buy a house in Apex and find out later that we're in a less desirable part or something else is wrong the area.

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Kim

PS. I'd also love to hear from any NJ area people in the Apex area. I'd love to make friends before we even get there! One of the main things I'm scared about is moving and not knowing anyone! I'm going to be very sad when I leave all my friends and family in NJ. I'll need all the friends I can get in NC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2006, 04:48 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,586,180 times
If you are looking for houses and you see a watertower nearby , you are in what people here like to call L.A (Lower Apex). Avoid that area, there's more cirme and drug use in that area. One thing about NC is they don't have many zoning laws and nice family orented neighborhoods are built next to slums. I personally experienced this when we bought a nice house in brand new neighborhood off of Tryon road in SOUTHEAST RAELGIH. A stupid move on my part. Our neighborhhood got tagged my MX13 ( a very dangerous hispanic gang) and we got out of there last year and moved here to Apex. We are now leaving apex and moving back home to upstate ny to be closer to family and friends. Stay in the northern areas of the town of Apex because the areas further south go to school in Holly Springs, and with the latest redisricting, the western areas of apex (where we live, off of olive chapel) are going to a school in MORRISVILLE. If you live in the northern areas of the town, you'll have a better shot of getting your kids in schools closer by.... for now at least.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 PM

16 posts, read 95,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
If you are looking for houses and you see a watertower nearby , you are in what people here like to call L.A (Lower Apex). Avoid that area, there's more cirme and drug use in that area. One thing about NC is they don't have many zoning laws and nice family orented neighborhoods are built next to slums. I personally experienced this when we bought a nice house in brand new neighborhood off of Tryon road in SOUTHEAST RAELGIH. A stupid move on my part. Our neighborhhood got tagged my MX13 ( a very dangerous hispanic gang) and we got out of there last year and moved here to Apex. We are now leaving apex and moving back home to upstate ny to be closer to family and friends. Stay in the northern areas of the town of Apex because the areas further south go to school in Holly Springs, and with the latest redisricting, the western areas of apex (where we live, off of olive chapel) are going to a school in MORRISVILLE. If you live in the northern areas of the town, you'll have a better shot of getting your kids in schools closer by.... for now at least.
thanks! we're also moving to apex and needed this info!

do you happen to know the zipcode for lower apex?

Last edited by Marka; 05-04-2006 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 05-03-2006, 06:38 PM

I think all of Apex is in the 27502. I know that's the zip code where I am in SW Apex. Apex highschool, in NE Apex, is also in 27502

Old 05-03-2006, 06:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,995,797 times
According to the U.S. Postal Service for Apex, NC -

27502 or 27523 or 27539 depending on the local address.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 PM

16 posts, read 95,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b
According to the U.S. Postal Service for Apex, NC -

27502 or 27523 or 27539 depending on the local address.

thanks.. i looked that up as well. i couldn't figure out which one was lower apex though. are you thinking that all of those zip codes run through lower apex?

Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetaway
thanks.. i looked that up as well. i couldn't figure out which one was lower apex though. are you thinking that all of those zip codes run through lower apex?
No, but let me dig a little deeper and see.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM

Click on the 3 maps at the bottom of the web page located here. The red line indicates the physical boundary for that specific Apex, NC Post Office zip code. Depending how far south of Apex you're talking about, your area of interest may actually have the Holly Springs, NC zip code of 27540.

http://www.apexnc.org/around_apex/zip_codes.cfm (broken link)

Last edited by mm34b; 05-03-2006 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-03-2006, 08:01 PM

Those other two are both Zip codes for unresidential commercial complexes. All of the residential areas of Apex are 27502. lol. The only thing I've ever gone by is the watertower theory. If you stick with the bigger developments like Haddon Hall and Abbington you won't have to worry about it. They are usually the smaller neighborhoods with nice houses that they build in the bad areas.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
We live in Apex near Highways 64 and 55 and our zip code is 27523.
Good luck with your move back to NY, i'minformed. Sounds like you're really ready to leave NC behind you... We moved to Apex 2 months ago and love it!

Last edited by lovemaine; 05-03-2006 at 09:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary