Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 02:10 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times

Advertisements

[quote=C_Lan;54875328]I was not a biscuit fan AT ALL...until I had one of Hardee's. Good stuff![/https://www.wral.com/86-year-old-makes-biscuits-at-harnett-county-hardee-s-for-40-years/18303467/

I saw this on WRAL early this morning. Biscuits taste even better knowing somebody like this made them.

Well I goofed up the link. Anyway, it about a 86 year old lady making Hardee's biscuits for 40 years. Just go to WRAL home page and scroll down to Tarheel Traveler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 02:47 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
like Panera where I can get something a little healthier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Look at the sodium/fat amounts on their charts!
I like Panera's vegetarian salads. I think they're pretty healthy. I like the strawberry poppyseed salad with the fat free poppyseed dressing, no chicken. You're comparing the sodium/fat amounts to a burger, since this is the burger thread??

Now if you quoted the wrong part of my post and meant to talk about the Bojangles fries I like, I will concede that they are full of fat and sodium.

Old 04-06-2019, 02:50 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I occasionally get Bo's fries, but without the seasoning salt. They kill it with seasoning.
The seasoning is the best part, Poggly. That's where they keep all the sodium, msg, and other good stuff.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:45 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
The seasoning is the best part, Poggly. That's where they keep all the sodium, msg, and other good stuff.
Yikes! I get plenty of fat to make it up because they sometimes throw my order of fries back in the vat to wash the seasoning off.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:26 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are now the same company. Based in St. Louis, I believe. They split the country about in half near the Mississippi River line for franchises. I’ve been a Hardee’s fan since childhood. I loved their Six Dollar Burger, and they had decent fried chicken, and great chicken strips, and tasty biscuits. And the awesome Curly Fries where available... I’ve had In-and-Out Burger out in California, and it was definitely overhyped. I still enjoy burgers at MoJos, Chargrill, Bad Daddy’s, Village Draft House, and formerly the East Village Grill. Best ones are still here at home on the grill. Everyone seems to have upped their game in the past several years. A rising tide lifts all ships, I guess.. Yea! capitalism and Burgers artistry...!
I would like to see Hardee's return the Carl's Jr. flagship sandwiches to their menu, such as Famous Star, Superstar with Cheese, and the Big Carl (the original large Big Twin at Hardee's). Superstar and Big Carl are thin patty double burgers with special sauces, a red relish sauce and 1000 Island sauce. But they seem to mainly now offer Thickburgers. And I would like to see them return the fried chicken, although they may no longer have the rights to the Roy Rogers recipe.

In Virginia and Maryland, the Hardee's brand bombed after Roy Rogers units were converted. Overall, Roy Rogers had better burgers and roast beef, although Hardee's did add the fried chicken. Today in the Northeast, most new CKE operated restaurants are branded as Carl's Jr. rather than Hardee's in New York and New Jersey.You will still see some Hardee's in parts of Pennsylvania and mainly southern Virginia. But few in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast region where they are now being built under the Carl's Jr. brand. And meanwhile, Roy Rogers is expanding again as a separate company.

It would be nice to see Roy Rogers return to the Triangle and the Triad, where their last NC location was in Greensboro. Good burgers, roast beef, fried chicken, and fixins bar.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 AM

I have visited the Shake Shack in Charlotte, and I thought it was very good. Although a bit pricier than I would prefer on a regular basis. For a more reasonable price, I think Culver's burgers are quite good, and they also have frozen custard. Not quite as expensive as Shake Shack. And Cook-Out is indeed a good value, and their fries are good especially when you request the Cajun seasoning.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:03 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
So given the accessibility for a choice, what would yours be for Char-Grill or Cookout?

I have both near each other near me on FoN, but I usually go to the Cookout on Capital.
Personal taste, but I'll take Cookout over Char-Grill every time. I'm just not that big a fan of Char-grill, yet I still enjoy going to the original one on Hillsborough to eat a burger on the picnic tables (More about the experience than the food), but if it's just about taste and I could only pick one, it would be Cookout by a landslide!

Old 04-09-2019, 09:10 AM

385 posts, read 348,167 times
It would be nice to have a Hardees in Cary but I guess we are not really a part of the South.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:20 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
It would be nice to have a Hardees in Cary but I guess we are not really a part of the South.
There used to be one over where the Egg & I and Jasmin are currently by Crossroads on Walnut. Guess the Hardees didn't get enough business.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
Hardee's was formerly headquartered in Rock Mount until they were bought by CKE (Carl's Jr.) They moved the headquarters to St. Louis and now near Nashville, TN. The largest franchisee remains in Rocky Mount as Boddie-Noell Enterprises. Some Hardee's in NC are corporate owned, whereas others are operated by Boddie-Noell and a few other franchisees. Back in the 90's Hardee's merged with Roy Rogers, but now they are separate corporations. The original Hardee's was founded in Greenville, NC and was owned by Wilbur Hardee. In NC, Hardee's was often the hometown fast food establishment and many small southern towns would often have a Hardee's before a McDonald's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary