Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 12:34 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times

Advertisements

At 55 and Ralph Stephens. It's pretty crazy to see all the development, residential and commercial, with what seems like no plans for the already terrible traffic issues.

https://www.wral.com/wegmans-grocery...ncil/18334392/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2019, 01:26 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Yeah, but they're getting a Wegmans, who cares?!?

When did grocery stores become the new big thing? I stop in at Publix in North Raleigh about once a month, love the vibe of the place and the quality of the food, but recoil in horror over how much everything costs. I mean, when Harris Teeter seems to beat you on pricing that's just bad. The one good thing about having Publix nearby is that Whole Foods has started making more sense to me.

Old 04-19-2019, 02:00 PM

176 posts, read 239,604 times
Living in Holly Springs I'm glad we are getting another grocery store as the few here are not very good. This is the worst Harris Teeter! However, I agree that Holly Springs is not looking at the traffic issues at all. They are approving way too many developments (both commercial and residential) and allowing these developers to clear cut all the trees. It's very sad to see their lack of concern for this city. I guess all they are seeing is the increased revenue and not stopping to consider everything else.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:43 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,424,950 times
Wegmans just bought the Holly Springs property.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:29 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
Living in Holly Springs I'm glad we are getting another grocery store as the few here are not very good. This is the worst Harris Teeter! However, I agree that Holly Springs is not looking at the traffic issues at all. They are approving way too many developments (both commercial and residential) and allowing these developers to clear cut all the trees. It's very sad to see their lack of concern for this city. I guess all they are seeing is the increased revenue and not stopping to consider everything else.
I agree with your post on every single point you've made.

We are now paying for the prior council rubber stamping every development (commercial and residential) in Holly Springs. I'm all for growth, but there was no foresight put into the growth outside of "well the state owns the roads so we're at the mercy of the state" [but we'll continue to say yes to everything]

Old 05-19-2019, 04:04 AM

45 posts, read 29,123 times
Greed rules.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC TRSIDENT View Post
Greed rules.
You’ll need to start at the NC General Assembly because they have removed many things that cities used to be able to do that would limit or at least make developments more attractive in recent years (and they are currently working on even more). And already due to the laws in the US and state, you can’t just tell someone sorry, you can’t develop your land. (And that’s the way it should be).

Old 05-19-2019, 07:12 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC TRSIDENT View Post
Greed rules.
Is that the best comment you have CapitalBlvd? Kinda disappointed to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary