Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 07:18 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Right. HIGH SCHOOL guys are turned on by women including HIGH SCHOOL girls who walk around with their headlights on bright. Don't be ridiculous.
And HS girls aren't hormonal and attracted to certain aspects of the male body that they may find a turn-on - differs from person to person but like one poster said, if you find male forearms really appealing, does that mean you get to go tell your teacher you're disrupting the class because of it?? And the principal gets to send him home to get a long sleeved shirt? I mean come on people, let's get serious. I'm sorry that the days of using girls' clothing as an excuse for poor behavior is coming to an end but ya gotta grow up sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 07:42 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
When my daughter was in high school here (WCPSS) she and her friends were always the target of the principal. He would walk by their table at lunch while they were eating and actually ask the girls to stand up and he would check to make sure their shorts and skirts were long enough. Unfortunately my daughter has very long skinny arms so even though her shorts went to a lower place on her thighs than other girls she was asked to change a few times. It was dang near impossible to find shorts that were long enough to go past the tip of her longest finger. I'm happy to see that they are changing the policy!

Old 04-25-2019, 08:09 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
When my daughter was in high school here (WCPSS) she and her friends were always the target of the principal. He would walk by their table at lunch while they were eating and actually ask the girls to stand up and he would check to make sure their shorts and skirts were long enough. Unfortunately my daughter has very long skinny arms so even though her shorts went to a lower place on her thighs than other girls she was asked to change a few times. It was dang near impossible to find shorts that were long enough to go past the tip of her longest finger. I'm happy to see that they are changing the policy!
I remember going through this with my daughter, as well! She and her friends all had long skinny legs!

It was hard to find shorts that worked but I blame the manufacturer...no reason those shorts need to be THAT SHORT!

However, she and her friends quickly figured out that if they pull their shorts down a bit on their hips, they would pass the fingertip rule!!!

Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
And HS girls aren't hormonal and attracted to certain aspects of the male body that they may find a turn-on - differs from person to person but like one poster said, if you find male forearms really appealing, does that mean you get to go tell your teacher you're disrupting the class because of it?? And the principal gets to send him home to get a long sleeved shirt? I mean come on people, let's get serious. I'm sorry that the days of using girls' clothing as an excuse for poor behavior is coming to an end but ya gotta grow up sometime.
Yeah... I would love to see how parents would react to males being asked to subject themselves to "butt checks" to make sure their jeans aren't too provocative and distracting to women. Or that the material is thick enough that nobody can tell if they have any type of erection at any point in the day... which happens uncontrollably and pretty much if the wind blows the wrong way, same as with women and the aforementioned "headlights."

I think teaching our kids that they should respect other humans is what we need to be doing, not pretending that none of them are attracted to each other. Way back in the day, a bare ankle on a woman was scandalous, so it's always gonna be SOMETHING.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah... I would love to see how parents would react to males being asked to subject themselves to "butt checks" to make sure their jeans aren't too provocative and distracting to women. Or that the material is thick enough that nobody can tell if they have any type of erection at any point in the day... which happens uncontrollably and pretty much if the wind blows the wrong way, same as with women and the aforementioned "headlights."

I think teaching our kids that they should respect other humans is what we need to be doing, not pretending that none of them are attracted to each other. Way back in the day, a bare ankle on a woman was scandalous, so it's always gonna be SOMETHING.
yeah, I had boys first and then a girl. I've had to talk some moms off the ledge, that had a girl first and then a boy LOL.

It's amazing that at one time a principal could go around and do a butt check. Dirty old men and nothing more.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:54 AM

159 posts, read 286,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickandiron View Post
Serious question: what’s the problem with this that requires female students to have wardrobe restrictions?
My wife used to work in a city school in Western New York. The rank smell of AXE deodorant on unwashed teen bodies aside, they'd have problems with kids wanking in the back of the classrooms. Try explaining that one to parents. Umm, your little darling is taking matters in hand again.

This was an inner city school, which of course shouldn't matter but does.

Serious.

Dave

Old 04-25-2019, 01:23 PM

805 posts, read 523,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_England View Post
My wife used to work in a city school in Western New York. The rank smell of AXE deodorant on unwashed teen bodies aside, they'd have problems with kids wanking in the back of the classrooms. Try explaining that one to parents. Umm, your little darling is taking matters in hand again.

This was an inner city school, which of course shouldn't matter but does.

Serious.

Dave
You think this is because the girls aren’t wearing enough clothing?

The girls are not causing the boys to act out in sexually inappropriate ways. The girls are not responsible for the behavior of boys.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:25 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
I'd just like to point out that apparently Mom-Jeans are back in style. Everything comes full circle

Old 04-25-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
yeah, I had boys first and then a girl. I've had to talk some moms off the ledge, that had a girl first and then a boy LOL.

It's amazing that at one time a principal could go around and do a butt check. Dirty old men and nothing more.
We had the same. I have 2 older sons and my daughter is the youngest. Man... having a girl in school is a way different situation. I NEVER had any issues with either son and they just wore whatever they wanted, really.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I'd just like to point out that apparently Mom-Jeans are back in style. Everything comes full circle
Mom jeans were big when I was in school and boys were still horny teenagers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: