Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 06:34 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Welll.... get an agent who can do arithmetic. Vicki knows the numbers.

And, no one pays 6% to sell a $400,000 house, unless they are hiring their favorite niece who just got a license, or they are taking pity on a down and out agent who needs charity.
I can say for fact this is definitely not an accurate statement.

Obviously your point that commissions are always negotiable is 100% correct though and should not be overlooked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 07:36 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,026 times
Quote:
That's just handling money.
Commissions come from buyer funds any time the commission is baked into the purchase price.

It is about the same as Dad giving a 5 year old kid $10 to buy Mom a Mother's Day gift, and the child says, "Look what I bought you, Mom! And I paid for it myself!"
Oh okay. I just meant that I didn’t pay a commission above the purchase price.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:49 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
How is the market this spring though? My zestimate is down, in April!!!
mine went down 1.8%! In ONE MONTH!!

Old 04-30-2019, 07:57 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farebluenc View Post
Oh okay. I just meant that I didn’t pay a commission above the purchase price.
Right.
It is baked into what you paid.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
That's just handling money.
Commissions come from buyer funds any time the commission is baked into the purchase price.

It is about the same as Dad giving a 5 year old kid $10 to buy Mom a Mother's Day gift, and the child says, "Look what I bought you, Mom! And I paid for it myself!"

I've had two 5-year olds, and all they said was "I bought it myself". I don't think anyone is misled, unless that youngster is somehow a successful model.

When the Buyer puts down 3.5%, how much do they fund?
20%, how much?

Only when the Buyer pays straight cash out of their own funds can one say the Buyer is paying it.

Well, maybe those who bought at 30% of today's value 30 years ago who lived in the home until they paid the mortgage off.

Because if I buy a house, and claim that I pay the entire commission, but the day I sell 7 years later (the average) my cost equity is 20% .... THEN who has actually paid the commission?

the BUYER and THEIR lender.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I've had two 5-year olds, and all they said was "I bought it myself". I don't think anyone is misled, unless that youngster is somehow a successful model.

When the Buyer puts down 3.5%, how much do they fund?
20%, how much?

Only when the Buyer pays straight cash out of their own funds can one say the Buyer is paying it.

Well, maybe those who bought at 30% of today's value 30 years ago who lived in the home until they paid the mortgage off.

Because if I buy a house, and claim that I pay the entire commission, but the day I sell 7 years later (the average) my cost equity is 20% .... THEN who has actually paid the commission?

the BUYER and THEIR lender.
Leverage in the transaction is irrelevant to commission discussion.
The contract and settlement statements both refer to leverage as "Cash Due From Buyer At Closing." The leveraged Buyer is just using OPM to meet their "Cash Due" obligation.

As it is, Buyer pays, and Buyer pays interest on their Buyer's Agent fees when leveraging the purchase.
The "Free Buyers' Agency" scam is one of the most shameful things promoted by NAR.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 PM

I didn't say "Free Buyer's Agency".

What about when a Buyer sells within 4 years, and their total loan amount paid down is < 5%?

Do you tell them - hey, you'll get your downpayment back, but the rest will go towards Realtors' compensation?

Or, do you say "Just like you paid me the day you closed as a Buyer, now your Buyer will pay me this time"?

Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 PM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
Quote:
Leverage in the transaction is irrelevant to commission discussion.
The contract and settlement statements both refer to leverage as "Cash Due From Buyer At Closing." The leveraged Buyer is just using OPM to meet their "Cash Due" obligation.

As it is, Buyer pays, and Buyer pays interest on their Buyer's Agent fees when leveraging the purchase.
The "Free Buyers' Agency" scam is one of the most shameful things promoted by NAR.
When you put together a listing agreement.... do you fill out item 8 on page 3?

Old 05-01-2019, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I didn't say "Free Buyer's Agency".

What about when a Buyer sells within 4 years, and their total loan amount paid down is < 5%?

Do you tell them - hey, you'll get your downpayment back, but the rest will go towards Realtors' compensation?

Or, do you say "Just like you paid me the day you closed as a Buyer, now your Buyer will pay me this time"?
Leverage is still a red herring in the discussion.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
When you put together a listing agreement.... do you fill out item 8 on page 3?
Sure do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary