Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 12:51 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Tell us how you decide who to stop and frisk? I've heard how well that worked in New York City.
Anyone they want. Ask Israel how they decide. Yes, it did work well for NYC until liberals claimed 'racial profiling'.

Tough times call for tough measures, even if it offends someone. If you are doing nothing wrong and dont have any illegal contraband there is nothing to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 12:58 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Anyone they want. Ask Israel how they decide. Yes, it did work well for NYC until liberals claimed 'racial profiling'.

Tough times call for tough measures, even if it offends someone. If you are doing nothing wrong and dont have any illegal contraband there is nothing to worry about.
Ok. I've called the police. They should be at your place in 15 min. I know you don't mind because you have nothing to hide.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:00 PM

281 posts, read 187,052 times
Quote:
Oh thanks. Are you the new moderator starting today?
No I'm voice of reason for "let's keep zitsky and mackro on task"

Old 08-27-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
No I'm voice of reason for "let's keep zitsky and mackro on task"
Yea good luck with your drive by.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:11 PM

281 posts, read 187,052 times
Quote:
Yea good luck with your drive by.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:27 PM

That's one of my favorite shows. Thanks Marcia Marcia Marcia!

Old 08-27-2019, 01:36 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
Quote:
Ok. I've called the police. They should be at your place in 15 min. I know you don't mind because you have nothing to hide.
Sure no problem with me. If you have a suspicion a crime is about to be committed do call the police. You hear over and over on press conferences after shootings "if you see something then say something". Heck Durham even has an anonymous crime stoppers tip line. https://durhamcrimestoppers.org/about/contact-us/

I think you are just trying to find an issue to a great solution. Like I said earlier tough times calls for tough measures. Things change, for example back in the 80's people used to be able to walk up to an airport gate and see your loved ones good bye. Now you are told to take shoes off, go through metal detectors and even searched.

It is about saving lives. If we do nothing, it will continue and probably get only worse.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:05 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Sure no problem with me. If you have a suspicion a crime is about to be committed do call the police. You hear over and over on press conferences after shootings "if you see something then say something". Heck Durham even has an anonymous crime stoppers tip line. https://durhamcrimestoppers.org/about/contact-us/
If we do nothing, it will continue and probably get only worse.

Kinda like cancer 👌

Old 08-27-2019, 02:21 PM

329 posts, read 249,732 times
Quote:
I actually agree with Zitsky . I dont like the idea of stop and frisk. Too much invasion of privacy for me.

I think the NSA has formally blown the "if you have nothing to hide, then nothing to fear" idea. They will find some minor illegal thing you've done (everyone has broken some law at one point) and use it to squeeze you. Give the government an inch to violate your rights and they'll take a football field.

I dont trust large city police depts like Durham's or State Troopers. I only trust accountable Sheriffs and deputies. So definitely dont want to give city or state cops stop and frisk abilities.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:22 PM

329 posts, read 249,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Kinda like cancer 👌[/b]
Can of worms from earlier in thread now reopened

haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary