Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2019, 04:44 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Why do I think Jussie Smollett reading that article. Candy and BB’s. This thread is addressing REAL multiple murders and what can be done not some candy ass accusations.
Because you're morally bankrupt?

I mean, you asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 04:46 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Is Indyweek even real news? I thought I read before that it was questionable.
You are so predictable.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:49 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
You are so predictable.
Was asking a serious question but ok.

Old 08-28-2019, 05:32 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Quote:
Why do I think Jussie Smollett reading that article. Candy and BB’s. This thread is addressing REAL multiple murders and what can be done not some candy ass accusations.
Do you think harrassment should be reported to the police?

Old 08-28-2019, 05:40 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Do you think harrassment should be reported to the police?
well sure but what does that have to do with record murder rates ... by the way I thought the link you provided addressing the murders in Durham so far this year was excellent. Put faces to the numbers

Old 08-28-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
well sure but what does that have to do with record murder rates ... by the way I thought the link you provided addressing the murders in Durham so far this year was excellent. Put faces to the numbers
Uh. Maybe there was a post about it in this thread?

Old 08-29-2019, 12:11 PM

281 posts, read 187,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Is Indyweek even real news? I thought I read before that it was questionable.
Indyweek is a local wanna-be version of what rolling Stone used to be. if you click through the article to the author's name it takes you to the other articles he's written all of which are racially tinged. So apparently the author / "journalist" slices and dices issues from one perspective only. Skeptical here. Only thing missing from this particular account is the MAGA hats from the guys in the truck. Sounds like a Durham version of Jussie Smollett activity. If the "reporter" would report on other local issues he'd have more credibility, but his frequent theme seems to be a single agenda/perspective rather than an unbiased neutral perspective of just reporting facts.

Indy week is about food and entertainment, any news comes from a predictable biased perspective. It's the print version of what MTV news used to be

Old 08-29-2019, 12:40 PM

I don't like the news coverage, therefore it cannot be true. Fake news?

/s

Old 08-29-2019, 01:46 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
I asked about IndyWeek because I tried to research it myself and it was described as "tabloid format". I don't know exactly what that means but when I think tabloid I don't think of reliable news. Maybe I'm not understanding the terminology.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:36 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
The Indy (neé Independent) is an independent weekly newspaper with arts coverage and investigative journalism. It's not a tabloid like the National Enquirer. It's more in the mold of the Village Voice, Boston Phoenix, LA Weekly, LA Reader, etc.

It used to be really good, but times are hard and newspapers have suffered everywhere, weeklies included. I haven't picked up a print copy of the Indy in years just 'cause, like most people, I don't read print newspapers any more. I do look at it online occasionally.

I think the thing they are best known for now is their food and arts coverage. They have those annual "best of" contests where folks vote on the best burger or best pizza or best boutique or whatever. I really think that's what keeps them going. They used to sponsor the Hopscotch music festival. I think they sold it off, but the Indy is where Hopscotch originated.

It's worth picking up sometime (it's free) or just look at the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary