Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackro70 View Post
Well what's the point of discussing if you have no solutions? That's just a waste of time and energy. Why would I have a conversation with you and you have no ideas for a solution and you've been posting about the problem over a year? So, basically your posts are irrelevant.
You're clearly here just to argue, so this will be my last response to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:28 PM

281 posts, read 187,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
There is something about Durham that makes some people more excited when it comes to crime. I'm not sure why people don't pay attention to crime in Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill.
Maybe people would pay attention and comment on a thread about crime in Raleigh Cary and chapel Hill. If you care about that topic you should start a thread on it. Since this is a cutrent thread on crime in Durham, when crime happens its a convenient place to note it instead of starting yet another new thread. I'd expect that when crime gets reported in Durham and is read by people who post on this thread that you'll see it listed here since it's a nice little container for it.

why you expect to see comments about crime in Apex or Cary or Raleigh in the thread about crime in Durham is a head scratcher. Just seems like when people say that they're embarrassed about Durham being continually shamed.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:34 PM

185 posts, read 127,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
Maybe people would pay attention and comment on a thread about crime in Raleigh Cary and chapel Hill. If you care about that topic you should start a thread on it. Since this is a cutrent thread on crime in Durham, when crime happens its a convenient place to note it instead of starting yet another new thread. I'd expect that when crime gets reported in Durham and is read by people who post on this thread that you'll see it listed here since it's a nice little container for it.

why you expect to see comments about crime in Apex or Cary or Raleigh in the thread about crime in Durham is a head scratcher. Just seems like when people say that they're embarrassed about Durham being continually shamed.
What's the purpose of opening a thread just to post every crime event that happens in a city? That doesn't make sense. We have news websites, news programs and 24 hour news stations to get that information. I don't think anyone comes to this forum to catch up on the latest news events in their city. I've been to many other forums on city-data and I've never seen a thread where people continually post every shooting in a city. It's a waste of time, that's why I wouldn't create a thread just to post every shooting in Wake county and also I don't live there. Hopefully, this thread will end soon, I've learned nothing new from any post on this thread. But, if you want to open a thread to post every crime event in Raleigh and Wake county, please feel free to do so. I'll be waiting to see if that happens. By the way here's one you can start with on your new thread:

https://abc11.com/four-stabbed-in-ra...large/5524470/

Last edited by Mackro70; 09-09-2019 at 12:04 AM..

Old 09-09-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
What's the purpose of opening a thread just to post every crime event that happens in a city? That doesn't make sense. We have news websites, news programs and 24 hour news stations to get that information. I don't think anyone comes to this forum to catch up on the latest news events in their city. I've been to many other forums on city-data and I've never seen a thread where people continually post every shooting in a city. It's a waste of time, that's why I wouldn't create a thread just to post every shooting in Wake county and also I don't live there. Hopefully, this thread will end soon, I've learned nothing new from any post on this thread. But, if you want to open a thread to post every crime event in Raleigh and Wake county, please feel free to do so. I'll be waiting to see if that happens. By the way here's one you can start with on your new thread:

https://abc11.com/four-stabbed-in-ra...large/5524470/
with all respect, if you're not learning anything from this thread and you don't live in Durham then why do you coming to it and posting complaints on it about "why aren't people posting off topic info here ?"

I'm learning plenty on this forum and in this thread about news and information I didn't notice in other sources because I don't watch TV news or read the newspaper. So it's helpful to see it here if somebody has posted it. But I didn't to start the topic. It's just here. Seems like you just want the conversation shut down because you're embarrassed by how much crime is in Durham. I can't help that, and the thread is here so expect it to keep getting discussed.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:24 AM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
with all respect, if you're not learning anything from this thread and you don't live in Durham then why do you coming to it and posting complaints on it about "why aren't people posting off topic info here ?"

I'm learning plenty on this forum and in this thread about news and information I didn't notice in other sources because I don't watch TV news or read the newspaper. So it's helpful to see it here if somebody has posted it. But I didn't to start the topic. It's just here. Seems like you just want the conversation shut down because you're embarrassed by how much crime is in Durham. I can't help that, and the thread is here so expect it to keep getting discussed.
I don't think getting all your info from the internet is a good thing. I suppose at least that you go to different places which is good.

People discuss Raleigh crime in a Durham thread because threads go off topic or because there isn't an open Raleigh thread.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:

I do live in Durham and I'm very happy here. I have a great job, a nice house and never been a crime victim. I don't live my life in fear about what I see on the news everyday. I would not live in any other city in this area. I worked in downtown Raleigh for 5 years and never once did I consider it a city I would like to live. And if you depend on this website as your one and only news source then that's your stupidity. You're missing a lot that's going on in this area, the country and the world. So, I suggest you broaden your knowledge base in order have an intelligent conversation about what's happening in this country and the world.
Oh, I'm still waiting for you to start that crime thread for Raleigh and Wake county? That way you can find out what's going on in your community since you don't watch tv or read the news. #smh

Last edited by Mackro70; 09-09-2019 at 08:45 AM..

Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 AM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
@Mackro70, you must get tired of hiding under the table everytime you hear a gunshot in Durham?

/kidding

/sarcasm

Old 09-09-2019, 09:01 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
@Mackro70, you must get tired of hiding under the table everytime you hear a gunshot in Durham?

/kidding

/sarcasm

If you look at his posting history it seems like all he is doing is posting to argue lol He has similar posts in other cities as well.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Oh, I'm still waiting for you to start that crime thread for Raleigh and Wake county? That way you can find out what's going on in your community since you don't watch tv or read the news. #smh

And it's up to me to start a thread on crime in Raleigh or Apex or Cary because why? If you or someone wants a thread on a new topic then just start one and stop complaining that there isnt one. Simple solution.

I think the reality is we all know there isn't as much violent crime in the other jurisdictions as there is in Durham and that's why there's 30 pages in this one.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
And it's up to me to start a thread on crime in Raleigh or Apex or Cary because why? If you or someone wants a thread on a new topic then just start one and stop complaining that there isnt one. Simple solution.

I think the reality is we all know there isn't as much violent crime in the other jurisdictions as there is in Durham and that's why there's 30 pages in this one.
Do you live in Wake County? Are you concerned about crime there? If so, then it makes more sense for you or someone who lives there to start the thread. I don't live in the Raleigh metro area, therefore my concern wouldn't be as high as yours. It seems like you like to talk about negative issues in other places but ignore what's going on in your community. Are you embarrassed to discuss them? Yes, Durham has crime and issues with gangs, just like other cities in NC and America, but find me any list where Durham is listed as one of the most violent cities in America. But, from this thread you would think it would be near the top of that list. The city has 275,000 people and there have been approximately 30 murders year to date. None as I know of have been deemed random. I'm happy to live here, the value of my house is increasing at a nice rate, there's new development everywhere and the city population is growing. It seems there are many people who feel the same way I do about Durham. In 2017-2018 population growth rate in Durham was higher than Raleigh and Charlotte. So, am I embarrassed by what's going on in Durham, the answer is 'No'.

Last edited by Mackro70; 09-09-2019 at 10:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary