Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 03:10 PM

185 posts, read 126,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
The metro area in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Cary is quite large
This is a thread about why is Durham so much worse and is that normal
We aren't "ignoring" the rest of the crime in other areas, but nobody has really been the champion of discussing crime in other areas of the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill//Cary area to think crime in those areas warrant its own discussion thread. PERHAPS it's because it pales in comparison to that of Durham.

Regardless of the reason, you've admitted you don't live in the area, and to get so worked up about why the other towns don't have topics devoted to their crime is, frankly, bizarre. Maybe visit some other forums or even better, perhaps the forum for where you live could use more of your input and limited time.

This has got to be one of the strangest conversations I've ever had on an internet forum.

You can still start a thread on crime all over the place. Will you then complain in your new thread that there's not enough posts about cities that aren't Durham? Seems like perhaps just give it a rest, and let this thread be what it is, which seems to be a discussion about "Is Durham always like this?"
Ok, reading is fundamental. I said I don't live in the Raleigh metro area, however I do live in the Durham-Chapel Hill metro area. You do know these are two distinct metros? That's why you need more than city-data for your news source. And what's bizarre is your fixation on what happens in Durham when you don't live there. If they create a thread about Raleigh why would I spend so much time commenting on that thread and I don't live there. I belong on this thread more than you do because I actually live in Durham. Now you give it a rest and go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 03:14 PM

257 posts, read 221,826 times
Getting shot in Durham is real, so is getting shot in East Raleigh. Why are retirees interested in such ghettos...?

Rocky Mount is on the upswing though.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
reviewing Mackro70's previous post it seems regardless of the thread topic he is very confrontational. Some people just have an angry nature and enjoy stirring the pot.
Ok, here comes the "Peanut Gallery". Nothing useful to add, but always feel the need to join the conversation.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:55 PM

140 posts, read 87,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackro70 View Post
Ok, reading is fundamental. I said I don't live in the Raleigh metro area, however I do live in the Durham-Chapel Hill metro area. You do know these are two distinct metros? That's why you need more than city-data for your news source. And what's bizarre is your fixation on what happens in Durham when you don't live there. If they create a thread about Raleigh why would I spend so much time commenting on that thread and I don't live there. I belong on this thread more than you do because I actually live in Durham. Now you give it a rest and go away.
Ok. I might not live in Durham, but I live very close by. I have a vested interest in Durham by the way of friends, loved ones and colleagues who either live, work, do business or go to school in Durham. I’m willing to bet a vast majority of the posters here do as well. So, if your intent is to say “Mind your own business!” It is our business and should be to everyone who lives in the Triangle area.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbender View Post
Ok. I might not live in Durham, but I live very close by. I have a vested interest in Durham by the way of friends, loved ones and colleagues who either live, work, do business or go to school in Durham. I’m willing to bet a vast majority of the posters here do as well. So, if your intent is to say “Mind your own business!” It is our business and should be to everyone who lives in the Triangle area.
Ok, I can respect and understand your post because you gave your opinion in a very articulate and thoughtful manner. I just wish other people on this thread would do the same.
Even though I think this thread should end because I feel it has outlived it's usefulness. What new can be said, that hasn't been said in the previous posts. This thread is like a hamster wheel, it goes around and around without going anywhere.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:51 PM

279 posts, read 184,738 times
Quote:
Ok, I can respect and understand your post because you gave your opinion in a very articulate and thoughtful manner. I just wish other people on this thread would do the same.
Even though I think this thread should end because I feel it has outlived it's usefulness. What new can be said, that hasn't been said in the previous posts. This thread is like a hamster wheel, it goes around and around without going anywhere.
Feel free to step off... the hamster wheel. It keeps turning around in your example because you keep coming back and trying to change the subject and asking the same thing: that the thread be shut down.

I think the thread will be over once Durham crime rate decreases to be similar to other areas of the triangle so that people stop asking "Is Durham always like this?"

I mean you don't like that Durham has the reputation it has, but it has one, and that's why people here comment about it. Sorry you don't find it useful, but you certainly don't need to keep contributing to it if you find it unhelpful to you. Just let it go and move on, rather than requesting it be shut down.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n24scube View Post
Feel free to step off... the hamster wheel. It keeps turning around in your example because you keep coming back and trying to change the subject and asking the same thing: that the thread be shut down.

I think the thread will be over once Durham crime rate decreases to be similar to other areas of the triangle so that people stop asking "Is Durham always like this?"

I mean you don't like that Durham has the reputation it has, but it has one, and that's why people here comment about it. Sorry you don't find it useful, but you certainly don't need to keep contributing to it if you find it unhelpful to you. Just let it go and move on, rather than requesting it be shut down.
Nope, you will see post on this thread from me as long as it is alive. If people want to keep it going, I can keep going also. And I'm especially waiting to respond to your post. I had fun responding to your post today. So, have a good night, I will be waiting to see your post in the future.

Last edited by Mackro70; 09-09-2019 at 06:35 PM..

Old 09-09-2019, 07:33 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,763,311 times
Quote:
Nope, you will see post on this thread from me as long as it is alive. If people want to keep it going, I can keep going also. And I'm especially waiting to respond to your post. I had fun responding to your post today. So, have a good night, I will be waiting to see your post in the future.
This is really sad. I almost feel sorry for you. You have indicated in other posts you are black. You without a doubt felt/feel insulted with every post that addresses the unprecedented rise in murders and other violent crime being addressed by people who actual want to understand and perhaps help this cycle of death.

Your attitude seems to simulate that of many black communities that don’t want any outside (white) involvement in addressing crime.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:45 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,400,982 times
Trump just said today that the Durham area was one of several major sanctuary cities in north carolina that were not protecting its citizens from the bad things the illegal aliens do .He really nailed Charlotte too

Old 09-10-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
This is really sad. I almost feel sorry for you. You have indicated in other posts you are black. You without a doubt felt/feel insulted with every post that addresses the unprecedented rise in murders and other violent crime being addressed by people who actual want to understand and perhaps help this cycle of death.

Your attitude seems to simulate that of many black communities that don’t want any outside (white) involvement in addressing crime.
Are you serious? Well the white community has it's own set of problems that it needs to resolve. Mass shooters who kill innocent people each year and opioid/drug addiction (i.e. which is now the leading cause of accidental deaths in the US). When your community solves its own issues then maybe they can come help us poor black folk. #smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary