Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 540 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are considering relocating to the Triangle area, but we're still trying to gather more information and perspectives. We are a younger family (two young kids) looking for a great place to raise our family. Though we've never been, we've heard a lot of good things about the Raliegh area, which is the impetus for this thread. We currently live in Kennesaw, GA (basically metro Atlanta), and are looking for something that is a little more family-focused, a little more eco-friendly/locally-sourced, and a little slower paced but still has access to city life and things to do.

I am a teacher and my wife is a nurse, so it helps that we have careers that always seem to be hiring. We would want to live in an area with good schools and 3 bedroom houses in the $250,000 range. We're open to anywhere in the Triangle area and have been looking into Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill, and Apex.

We haven't made up our minds about moving, but we would love any input you guys have (advice, ideas, resources, etc)!! We're coming to visit the area at the end of this month to get a feel for it, so any suggestions about things to do/eat/experience locally would also be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2019, 02:37 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,234 times
I say no and your budget is too small for a nice SFH due to growth in the area

I reccomend Greensboro

Maybe fuqay

Old 05-14-2019, 02:45 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
There's over 400 homes on the market in Wake County alone that have 3+ bedrooms and are under $275K.
That number drops by over a hundred if you restrict to $250K. If you have some wiggle room in the budget and can negotiate well, you absolutely can end up with something decent in that price range.

It'll take comprises. Square footage, neighborhood, schools, commute, etc. Figure out what is important to you, find a good buyer's agent.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:56 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,445,190 times
Every home in my neighborhood has sold for under $250k for a 3 bedroom. Depending on where you two work it is very doable. Don't listen to the naysayers.

No they aren't million dollar homes with travertine but it's a decent safe area of Raleigh. Quite a few public servants live here including cops, firefighters, and nurses. What's nice is all the cops park their cars in their driveways, keeps the riff raff out .

Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post

I reccomend Greensboro

Maybe fuqay
This is incorrect. There are plenty of homes for $250k and less. There is a beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home for sale on my street - $210k. Large shaded lot, 1.5 miles from North Hills and Wegmans, 5 miles to downtown Raleigh. This is only 1 example. Open up any realty app and there will be dozens of other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary