Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:13 AM

7 posts, read 18,837 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any information on this new SubD in NW Cary? We are relocating and have done a fair bit of research into the area and are now considering having a home built here...

Are there some things we should be thinking about that perhaps we are not.

My biggest concern is buying at a $750K price point when the rest of the area is in a real slowdown and there are deals to be had out there. Unfortunately, because Copperleaf is so new and has been successful (relatively speaking), the builders are not as willing to make consessions (in price or otherwise).

That said, the larger lot (1/2 acre) and location/proximity to RTP, Jordan Lake, Downtown, and CH all seem to be good points.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:52 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
Copperleaf has a lot going for it-Location, Lot Sizes, and Builder Reputation being the three most significant. It is a success because it really has very little direct competition. Some will bring up Toll Brothers, but Copperleaf is simply on a different level than Toll's offerings in the same price range.
I would be careful about being at the upper end of Copperleaf's price range, but at the $750K mark I don't think there is a better choice in that area.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:25 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times
I agree with Funky Chicken. Great schools, great location for which you are looking to commute. I doubt seriously if you will see any custom builder give you a break on building a new house in our area. There are homes already built that you would have a much better chance of negotiating on, but they may not be in the area you would prefer.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 PM

16 posts, read 58,954 times
If your still able to build in Copperleaf at 750k, you should act soon. The top end is now apprx. 1.3 million and I heard that there will be an increase in lot price 20%. The lowest spex home is 729k and the highest 1.289M, so I wouldnt worry at all at the price point you are looking at.

Although some people will compare CL to Toll Bros Green level subdivision, frnakly, if you cant tell the difference in quality just by driving through, then you wont apprecaite CL, its like trying to explain why a BMW costs more than a ford and the person doesnt get it and tells you that both cars have 4 wheelsan engine, and doors and therefore should cost the same . But, its different strokes for different folks, just depends on what's important to you.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 AM

16 posts, read 58,954 times
Here's the link if you dont already have it
Moderator cut: url removed Copperleaf -

The first residents will be moving in in a few weeks and by June 5 - 6 homes will be occupied.

Last edited by autumngal; 04-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: RE links not permitted please

Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,783 times
Default Copperleaf

Had plans to relocate to Copperleaf before laid off. Houses comparable if not superior in quality to other upscale custom subdivisions in the area and blow the wheels off the nationals like Toll and John Wieland.

Where this development shines is in lot size, open space and direct access to trail systems including Am Tob Trail. Heavily wooded lots are run from about a half acre to just under an acre. This is signifigantly larger (almost 2x) than comparable houses in other subdivisions in W. Cary.

Even in current market conditions houses there are selling and values are holding. There are almost 50 houses there now.

Hey I was sold - I just can't afford it now.

Cary Dad

Old 06-17-2009, 08:29 AM

71 posts, read 309,683 times
you could try Orleans Homes...Weldon Ridge Subdivision...Estates...which is comparable and in the same area and could be a littlew cheaper.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocary View Post
you could try Orleans Homes...Weldon Ridge Subdivision...Estates...which is comparable and in the same area and could be a littlew cheaper.
As a former Orleans homeowner I will respectfully offer up that an Orleans home and a home by any Copperleaf builder do not belong in the same discussion. Judging by the resale performance of homes in Weldon Ridge "Estates" section the buying public feels the same way-
There are NO new start spec homes in there right now, and a couple of the resales in there are listed at prices CONSIDERABLY LESS than the current owner paid. Weldon Ridge Estates is floundering at $500K-only 4 new construction closings thru April 2009. Copperleaf had closed 7 thru the same period at an average well over $800K.
Orleans is a decent tract builder with average (at best) post sale service. Their strength is in their floorplans. John Wieland builds a better home and has a better reputation. Neither one of them (or Toll Brothers or anyone else ) builds homes that rival those in Copperleaf.

Not the same thing. At all.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
As a former Orleans homeowner I will respectfully offer up that an Orleans home and a home by any Copperleaf builder do not belong in the same discussion. Judging by the resale performance of homes in Weldon Ridge "Estates" section the buying public feels the same way-
There are NO new start spec homes in there right now, and a couple of the resales in there are listed at prices CONSIDERABLY LESS than the current owner paid. Weldon Ridge Estates is floundering at $500K-only 4 new construction closings thru April 2009. Copperleaf had closed 7 thru the same period at an average well over $800K.
Orleans is a decent tract builder with average (at best) post sale service. Their strength is in their floorplans. John Wieland builds a better home and has a better reputation. Neither one of them (or Toll Brothers or anyone else ) builds homes that rival those in Copperleaf.

Not the same thing. At all.
Totally agree, not in the same league by a long shot. The "open houses" in Copperleaf during Parade of Homes were truly incredible. :::sigh::::

Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 PM

50 posts, read 132,445 times
Default Pictures of Copperleaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Totally agree, not in the same league by a long shot. The "open houses" in Copperleaf during Parade of Homes were truly incredible. :::sigh::::
Does anyone have pictures of the Copperleaf neighborhood? I could not determine an efficient way to search the sticky thread that contains all the pictures, so I'm not sure whether North Raleigh Guy (or anyone else) has posted any.

We are planning to visit the area in the fall, and Copperleaf is one neighborhood we want to see. I'm able to view pics of the homes online, but I'm looking for shots of the landscape, trails, pool, play area, etc. in order to get a better feel for the sub-division.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary