Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 AM

6 posts, read 24,434 times

Advertisements

We have been looking on the internet for houses and have noticed a TON of houses on the market in the whole sunset ridge area, many of them empty. Can someone please tell me if something is "going on" in that area? I can see by the map I have and what I could tell by the DOT web site that 540 will go north of there so I didnt think that would have any impact. What do you think is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 09:25 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,002,744 times
Sunset ridge is the first "big" neighborhood in that area, with a great beautiful golf course. My guess is that a number of people who buy there tend to get relocated. I used to live close to there, off of holly springs road, and that neighborhood in particular seemed to have a vast number of families who were relocating from other places based on their jobs. Although you can say that with many neighborhoods, sunset ridge was one of the first places that had homes in that price range, so it was very popular. The couple of friends we had living there relocated to the part of cary that is closer to RTP because they worked at IBM.

Leigh

Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 AM

842 posts, read 3,222,635 times
Default School reassignment maybe?

I live in Holly Springs, and there's absolutely nothing negative going on around that area that would make it undesirable (well...maybe long commute times during rush hours). And Sunset Ridge is one of the nicer subdivisions in the area.

My best guess would be that the recent school reassignments caused this particular subdivision to switch schools, and parents are moving so that their children stay in the same school.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:28 PM

312 posts, read 1,901,338 times
I have several friends that are living in that subdivision and they are seriously considering to move out of that area because of school reassignment. They have more than 3 kids and it was frustrated with them taking to their kids at different school. So from what I heard from them, they loved the subdivision and would like to stay there forever, but school is what caused the problem.
The teachers and schools are extremely wonderful, no problem. It just that families are tired of taking their kids to school at different places and different vacation break time. You know what I mean?

Old 12-19-2006, 01:49 PM

505 posts, read 2,535,150 times
Sunset ridge is huge! Thats why there are empty houses.

All I have to say is it is probably one of the best subdivisions you could live in. You would have no problem making friends, there is a lot going on as well. Tons of kids of all ages as well.

The pool is crazy cool. I hang out there all during the summer (because I know people there)

The area and schools are great. They have some great pizza also (homegrown pizza)

Nothing negative...other than expensive

Only 10 minutes from where I live in Fuquay Varina

Old 12-19-2006, 03:58 PM

2,187 posts, read 7,976,103 times
I live in Sunset Ridge. Nothing going on here. I have not spoken to one parent personally that is moving due to the elementary school (Holly Springs) going year round. They have given us the option of moving out Elementary school children to Holly Ridge elementary (traditional) of we have siblings in middle or high schools. First of all as far as resales in the neighborhood go I think a couple things are happening. 1. resales on a whole across the entire nation are sitting on the market. 2. They are building new homes in the neighborhood and many people would rather buy new and get the latest updates than buy a home that is even slightly outdated (i.e. corian vs granite) and lastly what may seem like a ton of homes for sale here is comparitively not a lot based on the sheer size of the neighborhood. This is a massive neighborhood that runs on both sides of Holly Springs road. Compared to other neighborhoods it probably has 3 X the amount of homesites in it. That said we love it here and everyone we talk to here does as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary