Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:01 AM

852 posts, read 585,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I want the new Ridgeline for hauling mulch

Me too. For my uses, the Ridgeline sounds great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 09:07 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
The cheapest MB is not that much more expensive than some Ford, Chevys, etc. People complain they have no money but they'll lease one of those cars for $500/mo and up. Whatever! I do see a decent number of Teslas around Cary.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post

Any ideas or thoughts?
Combination of things, in my opinion:

-Lot of people are in debt up to their ears. My Mazda 3 may not be sexy, but it's paid for.
-More affluence accounts for some of it.
-#kenwins (Seems like all the German Sedan drivers are all jerks, swerving between lanes and trying to own the roads.)

Old 05-24-2019, 09:17 AM

322 posts, read 384,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Combination of things, in my opinion:

-Lot of people are in debt up to their ears. My Mazda 3 may not be sexy, but it's paid for.
-More affluence accounts for some of it.
-#kenwins (Seems like all the German Sedan drivers are all jerks, swerving between lanes and trying to own the roads.)
^this. I'd like to know what the data is for loan amount and loan term for the sales of said luxury vehicles. My Ford Explorer probably isn't considered luxury, but I'm just like you, it's paid for and easy to maintain.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM

695 posts, read 996,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
(Seems like all the German Sedan drivers are all jerks, swerving between lanes and trying to own the roads.)
That's a whole 'nother thread! LOL

Here's a website dedicated to that topic:

https://www.bmwblog.com/2013/08/13/s...ers-are-jerks/

"Researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a cross walk. 'Fancy cars were less likely to stop,' researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper, adding, 'BMW drivers were the worst.'”

Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,403,585 times
Just the usual , New Yorkers and New Jersey folk drive these type of cars . No surprise raleigh has seen an increase in them since that’s what those folks drive. No thank you from me , can’t really go off-road in those vehicles

Old 05-24-2019, 09:24 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,586,937 times
A few days ago I was driving on US64 and was passed by an SUV. Nothing remarkable about that, except this SUV was a Bentley. I wasn't aware of this model. A Google lookup says the Bentley Bentayga is priced in the $195K-$245K range. {Gasp!}

Old 05-24-2019, 09:25 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olderandwiser456 View Post
Same where I live too (Michigan). I think maybe dealers are offering leases on lux cars that are attractive to a wider range of people. Just a guess.
You are right about the leasing. Over 30% of new cars are leased.

In the olden days you would see someone in town in a Cadillac and you knew they were wealthy.
Today any Joe Schmo can rent a Caddie or BMW for three years.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM

322 posts, read 384,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Just the usual , New Yorkers and New Jersey folk drive these type of cars . No surprise raleigh has seen an increase in them since that’s what those folks drive. No thank you from me , can’t really go off-road in those vehicles
^this. I want something I can pull a trailer with or haul stuff from Lowe's, etc. My dream vehicle is still an F-150 Platinum with the FX4 package. I'll have to settle for my Explorer for now, but maybe one day....

Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM

495 posts, read 1,077,128 times
Coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, you drove a luxury car unless you were a secretary or service worker at best. I'd say my daily commute to Silicon Valley on 280 was 75% luxury vehicles. It was actually "refreshing" to move here and see some American and Japanese family sedans that were driven by people other than undocumented workers haha.

I admit I was a fan of the ever-reliable Toyota Camry until people at work made fun of what I was driving almost on a daily basis given my career (even though I kept the thing in mint condition). It may have actually started to affect promotion prospects. I got an Audi and my daily 90-mile roundtrip commute was much more pleasurable. Much better performance and handling at highway-speeds, felt solid as a rock and kept out road noise. It was easy to push 90mph and not even feel it whereas a Camry starts to feel rickety around 65mph. I get the appeal even if those cars are black holes from a maintenance standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary