Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:47 AM

38 posts, read 56,855 times

Advertisements

The house we purchased the previous owner indicated he was leaving all appliances behind (everything was 7 years old and were the bargain bin appliances from back then) so it was great for us since it gave my wife time to find exactly what she wanted. Mind you the first time I ran the washing machine it sounded like a bus coming to a stop when it was finishing the spin cycle.

I believe fridge,stove, dishwasher and a range hood microwave are included in the normal sale of homes unless indicated on the sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 09:04 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman2 View Post
The house we purchased the previous owner indicated he was leaving all appliances behind (everything was 7 years old and were the bargain bin appliances from back then) so it was great for us since it gave my wife time to find exactly what she wanted. Mind you the first time I ran the washing machine it sounded like a bus coming to a stop when it was finishing the spin cycle.

I believe fridge,stove, dishwasher and a range hood microwave are included in the normal sale of homes unless indicated on the sale.
The fridge is not included as "standard" though from what I gather, is commonly included. I bought my home with no fridge.

I think though I could be mistaken that one would have a hard time getting approval on a mortgage without a stove/oven. Its possible that I'm confusing FHA with traditional loans as there was a time when I was debating going with an FHA loan.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:19 AM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
The previous owners kept the washer/dryer, but left everything else. They are old, but work great. Relieved that we don't have to buy something immediately.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:09 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edglock21 View Post
We bought new when we moved to the Triangle in 2011, so we bought new washer/dryer/kitchen fridge

What appliances (and other things) are expected to transfer with a resale home?

BTW, my pinball machine is going with me, no matter what

your dishwasher and stove are treated as "fixtures", so they remain with the home.
most people will ask for your refrigerator, but ask they must
some people will ask for your W/D

your blinds stay
your play equipment - swingsets, etc - stay
anything set in concrete stays
a porch swing stays

all furniture (indoor and outdoor) goes, as do outdoor pots and potted plants

Old 05-29-2019, 02:23 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
More reasoning for people who can swing it to sell a vacant house, where "What you see, is what you get."

Old 05-29-2019, 03:02 PM

913 posts, read 884,831 times
We are trying to decide what to take and leave ourselves. We moved in 6 years ago and had to purchase a refrigerator, washer and dryer. We will be leaving the refrigerator because our new kitchen design will have a counter depth one. We are on the fence about the washer and dryer. On one hand, they are only 6 years old and work perfectly . They are not fancy, but they are for large loads and would work in the new house. On the other hand, I don't know if I feel like lugging them up to NY.

My realtor's thoughts on it are being they are not high end, I should either sell them privately or take them with me. I would leave them as negotiable, but we are leaving before we list. No showings for me So not going to come back to remove them if the buyer doesn't want them.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:06 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
"This house is out - it has white/black appliances"

-Every person on HGTV

Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,537,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post

-Every person on HGTV
So true. Or I cant live here because the paint colors are so ugly....

Old 05-29-2019, 06:57 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post

-Every person on HGTV
That is every person on HGTV...

Fortunately that is NOT every person IRL.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:59 PM

465 posts, read 699,493 times
When we sold our home in Florida we left a 1 year old Samsung fridge and 12 year old washer and dryers. Mainly because it helped show the house better. Plus moving that fridge was a pain. We ended up buying the exact fridge here.

Surprisingly the buyers wanted the washer and dryer to stay specifically in the contract, I was certain they were going to ask us to pay to remove them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary