Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
There are a lot of them out there now. I see their value but for my limited commute, it seems like a waste of money. I keep thinking about it though.
You can get a decent one for like $60 bucks with wifi so you can view videos from your phone. If you want it hardwired in your car and don't want to do it yourself, that's when it would be a little more pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 03:30 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi Dad View Post
I watched the video several times. Wonder how WRAL got their hands on it. It didn't appear to be raining very hard and the driver seemed to have come to almost a stop, then got rammed from behind. Maybe it was caused by water on the road from a previous downpour or bad drainage from construction activities.
News reporters frequently monitor Facebook/Twitter now a days - if you tweet or post that you're somehow involved in a certain incident related to a breaking news story, you'll get messages all over the place from reporters wanting to talk to you or any pictures/videos etc...

Old 06-07-2019, 06:55 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Sometimes, though they just like to follow close behind cars. I'm sure we've all had that happen. You'll be on the interstate in the right lane and somebody will get right up on your bumper even though they could go around you in the left lane. Hate that.
I figure they're staying behind me thinking I'll be the one to get pulled over if we pass a cop. I also do about 10 over the limit, so this might not apply to you.

I've done this before, although I leave a decent gap between me and the car I'm "following".

Old 06-07-2019, 07:19 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Nah, I'll slow down and go the speed limit and they will stay right on my butt when there is plenty of room and opportunity to go around in the left lane. I don't think they are doing it maliciously. I think they are just zoned out and want to follow 2 feet from my bumper.

Also, word to the wise, do 9 over instead of 10 over.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:33 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Nah, I'll slow down and go the speed limit and they will stay right on my butt when there is plenty of room and opportunity to go around in the left lane. I don't think they are doing it maliciously. I think they are just zoned out and want to follow 2 feet from my bumper.

Dunno, I simply cannot and will not tolerate that, I will pull over whenever I can when that happens or if I can't, keep slowing down until they get the hint and go around like they should.

Also, word to the wise, do 9 over instead of 10 over.
What was that saying, "over nine and you're mine"?

I was thinking about this the other day, that on 40 or 440 to keep it just under 80 where it's 65. Pushing my luck....

Old 06-08-2019, 03:44 AM

45 posts, read 29,084 times
What we need is good rail transit.

That would solve tail gating and make safe opportunity for work or entertainment.

I no longer use freeways but must constantly wave off tailgaters to make them keep a safe following distance.

This commuting system will keep deteriorating until gridlock shuts it down.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:14 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC TRSIDENT View Post
What we need is good rail transit.

That would solve tail gating and make safe opportunity for work or entertainment.

I no longer use freeways but must constantly wave off tailgaters to make them keep a safe following distance.

This commuting system will keep deteriorating until gridlock shuts it down.
Lol...

Well if you drive 40mph in the left lane that's what happens.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:28 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
What was that saying, "over nine and you're mine"?

Dunno, I simply cannot and will not tolerate that, I will pull over whenever I can when that happens or if I can't, keep slowing down until they get the hint and go around like they should.
Yeah, if they keep it up, sometimes I just take the next exit to get away from them and then just get right back on. I hate that feeling of people right on my bumper. Generally I drive about 5 over and not in the left lane, either.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,050,477 times
Gridlock is 540 west in morning and east in evening.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:54 AM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
If it feels like I am going too fast and traffic is too close I will just slow down and drive in the right lane. A couple MPH under the limit usually does it.
I like to drive 80. But if everyone else is doing it and getting too close, I'll back off. I watch for people who want to do 80+, and let them through. My thinking is, I would rather they occupied the cop's attention and he ignored me.
So far so good. I was a truck driver for a few years, and I figure over the last 58 years of driving I must have driven over 3 million miles. Last ticket - illegal U-Turn on a holiday - was in '91.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary