Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 07:53 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I have not personally witnessed Fedex nor UPS doing stupid things, however the "amazon" drivers (normally of a certain demographic) pretty much do whatever they want. Even driving the actual wrong way down the street.

Of them all UPS are the most professional.
Funny, opposite for me. I've never noticed any bad driving from the Amazon drivers...but like the OP, I have witnessed lots from UPS and FedEx. Including one example OP used - a UPS driver that stopped basically in the middle of a residential street with no way around. I've also seen them park in the right lane of busy main roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 05:12 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
"Car Culture Collides With Consumers' "We Want Our Stuff' Culture!"

I see all of them doing stuff they shouldn't, by the book, but when you buy the book, you want your book.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:08 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
Just wait till the drones come

Old 06-29-2019, 06:58 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,957 times
Quote:
Not a single peep from the drone company in Holly Springs wonder if they went under.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:30 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:

Really. That looks to be hideous.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:48 AM

1,228 posts, read 797,390 times
I’m training my attack falcon as we speak. He’s already taken out a tweaked out attack squirrel. The drones are next.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:05 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I suppose if one took a video, including license plate, then Raleigh might cite them.
Not going to happen. They won't get cited unless an officer actually witnesses the illegal behavior him/herself.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:10 AM

650 posts, read 929,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgi Dad View Post
My rant is about FedEx and UPS drivers. They park wherever they want in the Triangle, seemingly immune from marked parking locations. They park in pedestrian crosswalks, fire lanes, no-parking zones, anywhere. They seem to think that it's OK as long as the hazard lights are flashing. Yesterday, a truck was parked in the middle of a narrow residential street I was driving on. There was no way around it and the street was blocked until the driver slowly sauntered back from a delivery. Just this morning a truck was parked in the right lane of busy Glenwood Avenue, almost causing a collision.

I understand that the drivers are on a tight schedule to make their deliveries, but that's a company issue and not mine. They are not public service vehicles and have no right to violate traffic laws in the name of "I am a UPS/FedEx delivery driver". They are private companies. As a private citizen, I'd be ticketed for what they do. I have no issues with their driving habits; they are safe and courteous.

Thoughts?
Come take a ride with me. I'm in a wheelchair and most of these delivery drivers park right at the island where the sidewalk sticks out. Did I mention side walk? Yes, the planned sidewalk into the parking lot has the ramp for handicap people. And they are right on top of it.

Worst than that are grocery store customers. I hear the samething as they park in the firelane in front of the doors. It's always the same thing: I was just...

I was just getting a pack of cigarettes
I was just parking here while the wife was running in

I was just running in to pick up my check
I was just picking up the wife because it's raining! REALLY, trying rolling in a wheelchair in the F***in rain.

Once at a Harris Teeter they had racks of flowers and potted plants stretched out on the sidewalk. The car driver had pulled up to the only six feet that was open to the store. I did try to make an ass of myself and just about crawled over his hood to get out of the store. I have to give HIM credit because he jumped out of the car, apologized and tried to help me anyway he could. My reply was that I just hoped people would understand and do accordingly. Most people would just looked at their shoes trying to hide or ignore that their emergency/convenience was nowhere near my pain.

That being said I hope the police would have more power over ticketing in parking lots. They already have ticketing in Handicapped spaces but that conversation is for another day.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:31 PM

853 posts, read 588,258 times
I feel for you, super. I am just the tip of the iceberg compared to what you face. There must be some way to stop this kind of parking. Maybe if enough people complain to UPS and FedEx. I don't know. I hear the two companies are going to merge and the new name will be FedUp.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:55 PM

2,111 posts, read 2,725,927 times
My complaint isn't about their driving, I can't stop them from that.
My biggest gripe is how our UPS driver will bring the next day air stuff
about 9:00 AM, drop that off and come back with the other packages
about 3:30 PM. I'm like dude, you are killing us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary